"A Short Drive with Friends": In the wake of the experiment that caused Wally West's disappearance, Tina McGee is hounded by reporters, including Lois Lane of the Daily Planet, who ask if she feels responsi
- What'd we prove, except I'll do any darnfool thing you tell me to?
Appearing in "A Short Drive with Friends"
- Geraldo Castillo (First appearance)
Synopsis for "A Short Drive with Friends"
In the wake of the experiment that caused Wally West's disappearance, Tina McGee is hounded by reporters, including Lois Lane of the Daily Planet, who ask if she feels responsible for his apparent death. Wally's newly granted superspeed had caused him to run out of control, creating a massing trail of melted rock and debris stretching from New York to New Mexico and ending in a giant crater, where it was thought he had perished.
Chunk offers to let the McGees and Mason Trollbridge borrow his truck to travel across the country and follow Wally's trail in hopes of determining what exactly happened to him. After an interesting trip of putting up with Mason's gum chewing noises and Jerry's bad attempts at speaking French, they arrive in Swainsville, New Mexico, the location of the crater. It has become a sudden tourist attraction for people wanting to see the final resting place of the Flash. However, after seeing the site, Jerry and Tina theorize that Wally didn't explode, but instead was running so fast that he didn't even realize how far he had gone. He managed to stop himself, creating the crater, and was probably wandering around lost.
Somewhere in the desert, a confused and naked Wally, covered in porcupine-like spines, wanders.
- This issue is narrated by Tina instead of Wally, since he appears only briefly at the end.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flash Vol 2 25 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flash series
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Flash Official Website
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
- Flash Index at Crimson Lightning
- Flash at TV Tropes