"Emerald Isolation": In Ungara, many years ago, a young Abin Sur is about to squash a soul beetle with his foot, when his sister, Arin, stops him. She teaches him the importance of life in all life. In the present day, an adult Abin fights against a Manhunter squad, while protecting an alien fam
- All life matters.
- -- Abin Sur
Appearing in "Emerald Isolation"
- Abin Sur (Flashback and main story)
- Emperor Aquaman (Cameo)
- Kilowog (flashback; corpse)
- Gorilla Grodd (Cameo)
- Green Arrow (Cameo)
- Mera (Cameo)
- William Hand (Mentioned only)
- Wonder Woman (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Emerald Isolation"
In Ungara, many years ago, a young Abin Sur is about to squash a soul beetle with his foot, when his sister, Arin, stops him. She teaches him the importance of life in all life. In the present day, an adult Abin fights against a Manhunter squad, while protecting an alien family. After defeating the Manhunters, Abin encounters Thaal Sinestro, his friend and Green Lantern of Sector 1417. Sinestro informs Abin about Kilowog's death at the hands of Nekron and the expansion of the Black Lantern dominion. Sinestro tells Abin of his plan to gather the finest of the Green Lanterns to fight against the Black Lanterns, but Abin refuses to join when he hears the Guardians did not approve of this plan. Sinestro tells Abin his sister would be ashamed of him not protecting the life of the universe. Abin becomes enraged by this comment, punching Sinestro and ordering him not to speak of Arin.
On Oa, the Guardians of the Universe are concerned about the situation with the Black Lanterns and the fate of Earth. Earth is an important part of the universe: if Earth is lost to the Black Lanterns, all life will be lost.
In the remains of Ungara, Abin goes to visit the grave of his sister. He mourns her murder and the destruction of Ungara. Later, Abin goes to the Planetary Citadel in Oa, to talk to the Guardians. The Guardians want Abin to retrieve the very essence of life, the Entity, from Earth. However, they do not care about the fate of Earth. Abin states that no life is insignificant. The Guardians forbid the salvation of Earth, but Abin disobeys angrily.
While approaching Earth's orbit, Abin's ship is hit by an unknown projectile and hurls towards a city. If Abin leaves the ship, twenty-two hundred and ten lives will be lost, so he chooses to stay in the ship.
Meanwhile, on the prison planet Ysmault, Sinestro is interrogating Atrocitus. Sinestro mentions that Atrocitus unleashed the current universal disaster when the latter murdered William Hand, unleashing Nekron. Then, he demands Atrocitus to tell him the prophecy of the Flashpoint.
- This book was first published on June 1, 2011.
- This issue gives special thanks to Geoff Johns.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flashpoint: Abin Sur - The Green Lantern Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flashpoint: Abin Sur - The Green Lantern series
- Images from Flashpoint: Abin Sur - The Green Lantern Vol 1 1
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Red Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Sinestro (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes