A member of the Navajo tribe of Native Americans, Flying Cloud joined the army to fight in World War II due to the menace of the Nazis. He became a pilot, but was grounded at first, possibly by a C.O. who was prejudice against Flying Cloud. After disobeying orders and commadering a plane, Lt. Cloud saved a patrol of fighters from a Nazi fighter ambush. Though his C.O. was angry, he allowed Lt. Cloud to begin patrols. Cloud preformed these solo until one day when a rookie was to join him. They were attacked and the rookie perished. Cloud became distraught that he lost the young man's life. He and the other pilots were told to assist the Haunted Tank retake a town and, after succeeding, he joined up with the outfit.
During a mission with the rest of the Losers, they stumble upon a unit that had been wiped out by the Nazis. Through use of the radio, they discover this unit was meant to take out an artillery battery that was hounding Sgt. Rock's Easy Company. The Losers decided to help by finishing the mission. They are successful, but all of the Losers perish. Lt. Cloud is the last one killed, by a Nazi fighter plane, and invokes the ancestral spirits of the Navajo.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 85 Appearances of Flying Cloud (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Flying Cloud (New Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Flying Cloud (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Flying Cloud (New Earth)