Flying Stag was an Iroquois warrior. He found the Manitou Stone cast down from the sky. It gave him great powers, which he used as the hero Saganowahna, the Super-Chief.
After his earthly life was over, Flying Stag began existence in an otherworldly paradise where he was accompanied by a pack of white wolves. Ralph Dibny and Doctor Fate encountered him during their tour of the mystical realms. During their visit, Jon Standing Bear, Flying Stag's descendent and successor to the role of Super-Chief, briefly appeared following his death. Flying Stag took the Manitou Stone back.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 14 Appearances of Flying Stag (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Flying Stag (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Flying Stag (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Flying Stag (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."