Evolving from the "micro-life" spread on New Genesis during their war with Apokolips, Forager's people are a society of humanoid bugs that thrive in colonies beneath the surface of the planet. These colonies were ruled by beings known as the Queen-Widow and Prime-One. Considered to be below the New Gods of the floating city, Supertown, the bugs formed a lower class on New Genesis and were sometimes the target of prejudice by the gods.
Although Forager was raised among the insect nation, it is rumored that he is in fact not of their species and may be from the race of gods. When the bug society was threatened, Forager was sent by his colony's rulers to entreat the gods for aid. With help from Orion and Lightray, he prevented the renegade bug Mantis from slaughtering the bug species.
Initially treated as subhuman by the New Gods, particularly the hot-headed Orion, Forager proved himself to be a worthy ally against the forces of Darkseid. He eventually met his end saving the Batman's life and preventing the destruction of Earth from the embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation. Later, Orion carried Forager's body to the Insect empire by the decree of Highfather, and slowly came to respect the warrior and his people.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Forager possesses many of the attributes of a humanoid insect, including great strength, speed, and superhuman leaping ability. He is a skilled fighter, hardened by the bugs' harsh life of hunting and survival. In addition to his natural abilities, Forager carries a variety of tools including a shield, adhesive pads on his gloves and boots that allow him to stick to or climb walls and surfaces, and his signature weapon, acid-pods, which allow him to shoot streams of burning acid at his opponents.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Although Forager made his last actual appearance in Cosmic Odyssey #4, he made several behind-the-scenes appearances in the first issues of New Gods (Volume 2). Orion was charged with bringing Forager's remains back to the Bug People.
- 20 Appearances of Forager I (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Forager I (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Forager I (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Forager I (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Forager (comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with DC Database, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|