Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"War of the Monsters, Part 1: Monster Town, USA": In a small town in rural Washington, a man and his grandson are fishing. After their dog wanders off, the man sets out to find him and discovers its mutilated body. He turns around in time to see a horde
- Quit your whining and start killing.
Appearing in "War of the Monsters, Part 1: Monster Town, USA"
- Army of Monsters
- Ant Farm (First appearance)
- Bone Lake
Synopsis for "War of the Monsters, Part 1: Monster Town, USA"
In a small town in rural Washington, a man and his grandson are fishing. After their dog wanders off, the man sets out to find him and discovers its mutilated body. He turns around in time to see a horde of hideous monsters and remarks, "It's finally happening...isn't it?"
Elsewhere, Frankenstein logs into S.H.A.D.E.'s secure network and learns about their new headquarters, the Ant Farm. An entire city shrunken down to 3 inches in size and secured in a indestructible sphere, S.H.A.D.E. operatives must simultaneously shrink and teleport to enter. After arriving, Frankenstein consults with Father Time and Ray Palmer about the disturbances in Washington. He discovers his wife, the Bride was sent to investigate and is now missing.
Quickly arriving in Washington, Father Time introduces Frankenstein to his new field team, the Creature Commandos. Nina Mazursky informs him that she based her life's work, and thus, the appearance of the Commandos on his life, much to Frankenstein's chagrin. After the quick introductions, the team heads into the barricaded city.
Frankenstein and the Commandos are immediately attacked by thousands of the creatures overrunning the city. Frankenstein reminds the team that finding any survivors is top priority. Khalis indicates that he senses survivors and he, Frankenstein, and Nina enter a church to investigate. Initially finding the church empty, Frankenstein pushes a strange alter out of the way revealing a hidden staircase. Inside are dozens of children and an old woman. Before he can enter, however, the woman warns him to stay back or she will send him back to Hell.
- This book was first published on September 14, 2011.
- Pandora makes a cameo appearance in this issue to witness the events, as she does every #1 issue published as part of The New 52. This is following her first appearance at the end of Flashpoint. She can be seen, in the background, while the commandos battle the invading beasts.
- Early in the issue, it's stated that the Ant Farm hovers 2,000 miles above Manhattan. This is an error, possibly intended to be 2,000 feet; 2,000 miles above Manhattan would put the Ant Farm well into space (the commonly recognized border between Earth and space is a mere 62 miles).
- Frankenstein shouts, "Melmoth's Beard!" at the end of the book in excitement. Melmoth is an antagonist he has had many encounters with. However, this is possibly a reference to the novel Melmoth the Wanderer.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. series
- Images from Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. Vol 1 1
Links and References
- No external links.