"American Nightmare: Part One!": In Arizona, an Indian casino is attacked by the Aryan Brigade, but the villains are swiftly defeated by Firebrand and Black Condor of the Freedom Fighters. In Earth orbit, the Human Bomb is about to destroy an incoming asteroid, but stops when he discovers that i
- You wish to see savage...? I will show you savage!
- -- Black Condor
Appearing in "American Nightmare: Part One!"
- Plasmodia (Only appearance; dies)
- Renegades (First appearance)
Synopsis for "American Nightmare: Part One!"
In Arizona, an Indian casino is attacked by the Aryan Brigade, but the villains are swiftly defeated by Firebrand and Black Condor of the Freedom Fighters. In Earth orbit, the Human Bomb is about to destroy an incoming asteroid, but stops when he discovers that it is inhabited by a small community of primitive club-wielding aliens. And in West Virginia, Phantom Lady and the Ray investigate the disappearance of an entire town, and find themselves face-to-face with an entity called Plasmodia. By coordinating their efforts, Human Bomb and Phantom Lady are able to use the asteroid to destroy Plasmodia by teleporting it through the alien for a split-second.
Apparently successful, the heroes regroup. However, they are contacted by Uncle Sam, who needs their help with a matter of national security.
14 hours earlier, the American Vice President was teleported off Air Force Two by a mysterious man in a blue energy field, and a map was left in her place. The map seems to point to the existence of a super weapon built by the Confederates during the American Civil War, but which was never used. Evidence on the map points to a shadowy group called the Arcadians, who are rumored to secretly control the balance of American and world political power, and who presumably disabled the weapon the first time around. One of the investigators, Prof Rustaag, thinks that whoever kidnapped the VP wants to trade the completed superweapon for the life of the VP. The President enlists the Freedom Fighters for the job.
At Devil's Tower, Wyoming, the first location on the map, the Freedom Fighters find a secret underground stairs. Black Condor and Uncle Sam point out the country is far older than the United States, and there is a legend of a great battle of many tribes was fought at this location. Black Condor scouts ahead, but is brought down by a lightning-strike. It seems that Devil's Tower is a prison for a group called the Renegades...
- This book was first published on September 1, 2010.
- With Plasmodia's references to "smaller bacterial worlds", he may have some connection to the Monitors, or be a resident of the Bleed.
- The story of the Arcadians mirrors stories told in our world about the Illuminati. Clearly, since the Illuminati of New Earth is controlled by Vandal Savage, a new group had to be created.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Freedom Fighters Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Freedom Fighters series
- Images from Freedom Fighters Vol 2 1
Links and References
- Freedom Fighters (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Freedom Fighters at Cosmic Teams
- Freedom Fighters at Toonopedia
- Freedom Fighters at TV Tropes