Strung out on dope and unable to score any drugs, Frido Kelp struggled with the side effects of his withdrawal. The recent increase in sunspot activity compounded his suffering. His head pounding, Frido headed out to the streets of Miami Beach, Florida in a final attempt to get his "fix" but was mysteriously transformed into a being of pure electricity. Unfortunately, his transformation didn't ease his suffering and he continued his quest for the drugs that would ease his pain. This led to a confrontation with Firestorm, who doused him with water, short-circuiting him and reverting him back to his normal human state.
- Electromagnetism: Sparx is constantly surrounded by an electrical field and can deliver deadly jolts of electricity by touch or via energy blasts.
- Flight: Sparx electrical field can also propel him through the air.
- This version of Frido Kelp (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Frido Kelp (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Frido Kelp (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Frido Kelp (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Frido Kelp (Earth-One)
|Firestorm Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Firestorm and any of his supporting cast or members of the Firestorm Matrix. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Firestorm Villains category."