"God Particle": In Istanbul, four blocks away from the Grand Bazaar, a strike team named the Dog Team tortures a family father while interrogating the male son. The kid says that he doesn't have what the Dog Team is looking for, so they kill him and his family. Later, at the Walton Mills High Sc
- The "guys" are gone forever, sweetcheeks. Say hello to FURY.
- -- Fury
Appearing in "God Particle"
- Dog Team (First appearance)
- Cliff Carmichael
- Loren Fortier (First appearance)
- Gabriel Summers (First appearance)
- Tobias McDrury (First appearance)
- Director Zither (First appearance)
- Adem (Only appearance; dies)
- Dr. Dupin (Only appearance; dies)
- Pandora (Cameo)
- Walton Mills High Wikings
- Large Hadron Supercollider
Synopsis for "God Particle"
In Istanbul, four blocks away from the Grand Bazaar, a strike team named the Dog Team tortures a family father while interrogating the male son. The kid says that he doesn't have what the Dog Team is looking for, so they kill him and his family. Later, at the Walton Mills High School, Ronnie Raymond is practicing with his football team while Jason Rusch looks watches uninterested. Jason works for the school newspaper and is convinced by his partner, Tonya, to interview Ronnie, who may have a promising future. At the changing rooms, Jason interviews Ronnie, but they're too different to get along and tension grows between them. Meanwhile, at the Large Hadron Supercollider at CERN, under the Swiss/French border, Dr. Dupin is ambushed by the Dog Team, who want to know about the "Firestorm protocol". At their homes, Jason and Ronnie subtly discuss what happened earlier at the changing room with their father and mother, respectively. Jason feels bad about how he treated Ronnie, and Ronnie feels more racially sensitive, adressing the fact that they don't have any black friends. Meanwhile, the Dog Team have just tortured Dr. Dupin who reveals his and Dr. Martin Stein's involvement at proving the existence of the Higgs boson (the so-called "God particle"), and containing its decay in special bottles. These bottles have the power to change the quarks of one flavor to another: transmutation.
While they get rid of Dr. Dupin, Carmichael, the leader of the Dog Team, contacts their employer. She encourages them to be fast to acquire the last bottle. In her screen it can be seen that the bottles have created other Firestorms in around the world. The next evening, Tonya discusses with Jason the fact that he bashed Ronnie in his article. Jason is about to go to apologize, when Ronnie storms into the room, yelling at Jason because of how he treated him in his article. The strike team enters the school, killing everybody who gets in their way, including the coach and Trev, one of Ronnie's friends. Jason seems to know what is going on and quickly goes to his locker. There, he takes out one of the bottles and activates it just before getting killed. He transforms into Firestorm, the Nuclear Man. But, he also transformed Ronnie. Ronnie starts fighting Jason because of the surprising transformation. Meanwhile, the Dog Team is recovering while Carmichael discovers that Loren, the female member of the group, was buried alive in the explosion. He rushes to her but gets burnt when she grabs him. Jason and Ronnie continue to fight until they get unstable in the sky and explode. Tonya rushes to the place they apparently crashed and then discovers a completely different being there: Fury, a giant being who claims that Jason and Ronnie are gone forever.
- This book was first published on September 28, 2011.
- Pandora makes a brief cameo appearance to witness the events of this story, as she does all #1 issues published as part of The New 52. She can be seen after Ronnie and Jason first receive their powers, as they fight at their high school.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men series
- Images from Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men Vol 1 1
Links and References
- No external links.