Halo is a gestalt of a human body and an "Aurakle", an energy-being resembling a sphere of iridescent color. When sociopath Violet Harper was murdered by Syonide, an operative of The 100 and Tobias Whale, the Aurakle, who had been observing her out of curiosity, was sucked into the newly-vacant body, which it found itself animating. The shock of death-and-resurrection induced a profound amnesia in the new combined entity. As such, she was a complete innocent who was discovered by Batman who recruits her for the Outsiders. Regardless of her state of mind, Halo later has adventures in which she had to deal with the consequences of her body's previous occupant's actions, which required the assistance of the team to resolve.
After the team was framed for the murder of Markovia's Queen, which was caused by Roderick and his vampire forces, they were forced to flee. Technocrat's evil ex-wife, Marissa Barron hires an old associate named Ryer who believes Technocrat had abandoned him in Markovia. As the cyborg Sanction, he nearly kills the team in Switzerland. Later, in Gotham City, he attacks again, slaying both Marissa and Halo. As with Violet Harper, Halo's essence is sucked into Marissa's body, reanimating it.
During an attempt by the Outsiders to create a new headquarters, other Aurakle would return to reclaim Halo. Halo would later strike up a relationship with Sebastian Faust, a fellow Outsider that not many on the team trusted. The entire team is eventually cleared of wrongdoing. Halo later returns to Markovia. There she assists in combating a portal to hell that had opened as part of the Day of Judgment incident.
During the Infinite Crisis, supervillain prisons around the world are opened as the respective wardens had been targeted and blackmailed. Halo is part of a makeshift team of heroes battling a breakout at the Alcatraz prison in San Francisco. She later joins the Battle of Metropolis, helping other heroes protect the city from an army of super-villains bent on its destruction. During the battle, two of Halo's friends, Looker and Technocrat are seemingly killed in an explosion.
Soon after the events of the crisis, she assists a team of astronauts in a space station searching for heroes missing in action. She detects traces of Zeta radiation, a sign of Adam Strange, one of the many missing.
She is part of an other multi-hero battle, this time against the murderous Black Adam.
Halo is helping keep spirits up in New Orleans during the rebuilding process after Hurricane Katrina when she is approached by Alfred Pennyworth. Under directions from a now deceased Batman, Alfred informs her that he wants her to be a part of a reformed team of Outsiders.
During a recovery mission with the Outsiders, Halo along with the Creeper and Katana's recently resurrected family come under attack by a Black Lantern Ring. The Creeper easily dispatched, retreats into the woods in order to get help from their prisoner; Killer Croc. While Katana battles with her husband Halo is forced to fight Katana's children. Although her light based powers prove ineffective at first Violet unleashes more power than ever before in order to save her teammates whose abilities have no long term effect on the Lanterns. Finally she manages to destroy the Black Lantern Rings, and goes to aid the rest of her team who are also under attack.
Back in their headquarters the rest of the Outsiders are faced with a recently risen Terra and are hopelessly outmatched, until Halo intervenes. With great effort she manages to separate Terra from her ring and to destroy it while Geo-Force turns Terra's Body to stone in order to keep her from coming back again. Violet however disperses into light, her last words being that the "light" is calling her.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Light Auras: Halo can generate various colored aura around herself which have different effects. Each color corresponds to a different effect, certain colors can be mixed and multiple colors can be used at the same time.
- Red Halo: Halo can produce destructive heat beams to melt or burn enemies.
- Orange Halo: Halo can produce powerful concussive force beams to knock back enemies.
- Yellow Halo: Halo can produce brilliant flashing lights to stun or blind enemies.
- Green Halo: Halo can produce halting stasis beams to stop and manipulate enemies.
- Blue Halo: Halo can produce distorting holographic effects to confuse or disturb enemies.
- Indigo Halo: Halo can produce physical tractor beams that can pull or push enemies.
- Violet Halo: Halo can produce empowering mental effects that can give her previous body's consciousness control of their shared body.
- Flight: Halo's body is inhabited by an Aurakle, a powerful ancient being. As such Halo can soar boundlessly due to her composite nature.
- Resurrection: Halo's body is inhabited by an Aurakle, a powerful ancient being. If Halo's body should perish her consciousness can be resurrected into a new human body. This process has already been done three times to date.
- Color Spectrum Negation: The negation of the color spectrum will negate Halo's powers.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- When Alfred approaches her to be on the new Outsiders, he calls her Violet. It is unknown why she went by the name of her first host's body even though she now in habits Marissa Barron's body. Alfred may have simply made a mistake.
- Halo can alternate between her costume and civilian clothes instantly. This transition is accompanied by an aura of primarily black color, with white blotches of light.
- 167 Appearances of Gabrielle Doe (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Gabrielle Doe (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Gabrielle Doe (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gabrielle Doe (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.