Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
Garfield Logan was among hundreds of young metahumans held captive by the organization N.O.W.H.E.R.E., experimented on at the shadowy organizations gigantic underground base, the Colony. He was forced to participate in the annual Culling tournament, where the captives held by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. were forced to either kill or be killed.
Along with the Teen Titans and time-displaced members of the Legion of Super-Heroes, Beast Boy joined a group of captives who, instead of playing the deadly game as expected, decided to break out of the Colony. With the help of Dr. Caitlin Fairchild, Beast Boy escaped with several other refugees from the Colony.
After escaping, Beast Boy and another refugee named Terra separated from the main group of refugees. While Harvest, the leader of N.O.W.H.E.R.E., claimed to have meant to scatter his subjects around the world, he did take special interest in tracking down Gar and bringing him back into N.O.W.H.E.R.E.
Meanwhile, Gar began to have strange visions of a dangerous man bathing in blood.
After his fellow Ravagers were taken, Beast Boy was left for dead in rumble of the facility. Eventually he was approached by Raven, he proceed to touch him, after he awakens he asked if Harvest had sent her to get him. However Raven begins to take over Garfield's mind and states: "Hush. We are birds of a feather now... You are mine to control" as she proceeds to teleports them to New York. She plans to use him as her minion in the battle between her father Trigon and the Teen Titans. Beast Boy and Raven appear before the Titans during their battle with Psimon, under Raven influence, pulls the Titans and Psimon away from their fight. When Psimon kills the police reinforcements, Beast Boy sees him and squeezes him, resulting the both of them to cancel out each other's powers and rendering each other unconscious. After regaining consciousness their fight against Trigon and his sons in New York City.  After assisting the team in their battle with Trigon he temporally left the assist Bunker who decided to see his recently awaken boyfriend who was in coma.
Sometime after leaving the Teen Titans Garfield tried to find meaning in his life by trying to throw a wild party in an abandoned house, after he failed to impress a girl he soon finds himself knocked out and awakens in an unknown location. When he awakens he finds himself alongside Starfire, his former teammate Raven, and the new Kid Flash. Garfield found out that he was recruited by the current Robin Damian to join his current incarnation of the Teen Titans as he needs their help to take down his grandfather Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins.
- Unique Physiology: Garfield's genetic code contains a "metagene" that allows him to tap into The Red. Garfield's connection to the Red allows for a genetic sense memory as well as a propensity for replication and transmutation of his own body.
- Terrestrial Metamorphosis: Beast Boy's connection to the red is unclear and may not be tied to his genetic code. Normal animals native to earth are easy to transform into and control, however Beast Boy can transform into other unknown creatures and while in these forms he cannot control them easily.
- Encyclopedic Animal Knowledge: Beast Boy is aware of even the most obscure details about animal biology, behavior and statistics, which he uses to his advantage when the situation requires the skill of a particular animal.
- Beast Boy was created by Arnold Drake and Bob Brown, first appearing in Doom Patrol #99. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Beast Boy first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Teen Titans Annual (Volume 4) #1 by Tom DeFalco, Scott Lobdell, and Brett Booth.
- Garfield's human hair color is brown.
- As of Teen Titans (Volume 5) #1, Beast Boy's skin is changed back to green. No explanation has been given
- Garfield is a vegetarian, as he sees eating meat as cannibalism.
- 89 Appearances of Garfield Logan (Prime Earth)
- 47 Images featuring Garfield Logan (Prime Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Garfield Logan (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Garfield Logan (Prime Earth)
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.