Appearing in "Road Games"
- Kid Backlash (First appearance)
- Crimson II (First appearance)
- Void III (First appearance)
- Union II (First appearance)
- Road Agents
- New New Haven
Synopsis for "Road Games"
Fairchild, Freefall, Grunge, and Burnout reached Tranquility only to find it had vanished (see Welcome to Tranquility: Armageddon #1). Runt and Ditto of Gen 14 caught up with them and joined the group. They are making their way through what used to be Wyoming when they see a huge explosion in the mountains. They head out to investigate. En route, they decide Roxy should be the new team leader.
They arrive in a crater where several heroes and villains are engaged in combat with some humans. The kids are confused because there are some heroes and villains who were dead like Pike, while others have reverted to previous incarnations of themselves like Union. There are even some they've never seen like a new Void, a hero called Kid Backlash, and a new Crimson.
The kids think that Pike is leading the attack on these humans and try to help. But Pike tells them that the humans are the bad ones (which he calls them "Road Agents") and Void uses her teleporting power to send all the humans away. Pike tells them all that he had a change of heart (and allegiances) after the world ended and have been helping refugees in his settlement. The kids that look like existing heroes aren't the real ones. They all received their powers after Armageddon. Since some of their powers mimicked those of certain existing heroes, so they adopted those heroes names and costumes. The kids are leery of Pike but let him reveal more information.
Pike and his group refer to their little settlement as New New Haven (much to Grunge's amusement). They've been getting their weapons from an abandoned Internal Operations bunker. And the humans who were attacking earlier have done the same at their own bunker. They appear to be after the Shield Generator Pike and the others found. Pike shows them the bunker and Fairchild is able to use its computer to locate the attacking Road Agents' bunker. They agree that attacking the Road Agents' bunker could finally disable them and stop their assaults. Void teleports them there.
But they find that the Road Agents must have found a way through the Shield Generator because they are arming a bomb. The team tries to stop them but the bomb activates. Pike gets Void to use her powers to teleport the bomb high into the atmosphere. She does, but the strain causes her to pass out.
Afterward, Pike offers for Gen 13/14 to join him but under his leadership. The kids still question his methods so they decide to pass. The kids then set off on the road again.
- This issue marks the first appearance of Kid Backlash, the new Void, the new Union, and the new Crimson.
- Runt's reference to Mel Gibson being inside Pike's New New Haven, is a reference to Mel Gibson's star-in-movie Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, as the plot of the movie focus on a group of survivors defending their fortress from marauders is no different from Pike and the new heroes' situation.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Gen 13 Vol 4 33 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Gen 13 series
- Images from Gen 13 Vol 4 33
Links and References
- No external links.