|Real Name||George Cross|
|Current Alias||The Hood|
|Affiliation||Batman Incorporated, T.H.E.Y.|
|Base Of Operations||England|
|Place of Birth||England|
|Creators||Alan Grant, Bret Blevins|
- I may have been betrayed by my country, but it's still the best in the world.
- -- The Hood src
The Hood is an English vigilante who models himself off of Robin Hood, carrying the same attitude in crime-fighting. He is an excellent fighter shown to be highly competent, who has teamed up with Batman on at least one occasion.
When Batman was kidnapped by the villain Narcosis, the Hood was one of the heroes who helped track him down.
The Hood's activities after this are unknown. However, he became involved with a British espionage concern known as The Agency, "Her Majesty's Super-secret Service", headed by a man codenamed "Matron". He donated the bulk of salary to charitable causes. When Batman, Inc was formed, his employers positioned him to be invited to the group, hoping to use him as a mole. However, he used the Agency's computers to help Batman track on Doctor Dedalus, in the process discovering the Agency's connection to Spyral, Dedalus' old organization. In the process he was himself betrayed by the Agency and left for dead. 
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- The Hood's appearance has been noted to be highly similar to that of the second Azrael.
- The Hood has been described as a "Brit super-spy" by Jacob Kane.
- "Matron", the Hood's superior, presumably shares many similarities with Mother, John Steed's superior in the British TV series "The Avengers".
- 13 Appearances of George Cross (New Earth)
- 17 Images featuring George Cross (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about George Cross (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: George Cross (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.