This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.
George Emmett was the police commissioner of Midway City, Michigan. Many years ago, Thanagarian police officers Katar and Shayera Hol came to Earth in pursuit of a Thanagarian villain named Byth Rok. They introduced themselves to Emmett who was immediately receptive to the idea of alien visitors on the planet Earth. Appreciating the fact that they were police officers, he provided them with the cover identities of Carter and Shiera Hall and arranged with his brother Ed to make them the new curators of the Midway City Museum. It was later discovered that Emmett was actually an agent from Thanagar.
- This version of George Emmett (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 34 Appearances of George Emmett (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring George Emmett (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about George Emmett (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: George Emmett (Earth-One)