The robot known as Gernsback began life as a Elektro. He was a robot created for the 1939 World's Fair. Brainwave used the robot to test the All-Star Squadron as part of his plot which involved kidnapping members of the Justice Society. The heroes defeated Elektro easily. Afterwards, Robotman upgraded Elektro and dubbed him Gernsback. Gernsback acted as the All-Star Squadron's butler during World War II. 
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 22 Appearances of Gernsback (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Gernsback (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Gernsback (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gernsback (New Earth)