Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
""The Big One"": The time of the Ghostdance has come. A massive earthquake rocks California and everything is thrown into geological upheaval. Brown Mary and Father Craft shed their human guises and embrace their power-being identities as White-Buffalo-Woman and Coyote-Old-Man. They brea
- Have you forgotten Brown Mary, whose lover you betrayed and killed? Squaw...? Hump-Cow, who you despised, whose child you stole and tried to make a slave to lies and evil ways?
Appearing in "The Big One"
- Thunderbird Spirit (Single appearance)
- Brother Pack-Rat (Single appearance)
- Los Angeles (and surrounding areas)
Synopsis for "The Big One"
The time of the Ghostdance has come. A massive earthquake rocks California and everything is thrown into geological upheaval. Brown Mary and Father Craft shed their human guises and embrace their power-being identities as White-Buffalo-Woman and Coyote-Old-Man. They break free of their Mammonite prison and rush outside to begin the dance.
Brother Christopher, now the Snake of Change leads the Ghostdance concert ceremony in front of hundreds of people. The Ghostdance drug expands consciousness to the point that many people begin to witness the same mass hallucination.
The great Native American Thunderbird spirit appears out of the sky and everything turns black. Herds of Buffalo stampede through streets as society slowly crumbles away. The Mammonite compound collapses. White-Buffalo-Woman hunts down agent Cody in the midst of a stampede and kills him. She then goes to reunite with her son and Coyote-Old-Man. Animal totems appear from the spirit world and share in the dance. The Fourth World rolls backward, paving the way for the Fifth World.
After some time, things begin to settle down. Hundreds of people are still in the throes of the great Ghostdance hallucination. Few can tell whether the carnage that lies about them is an effect of the earthquake or the anger of the spirit world.
Coyote-Old-Man, content with everything he has been witness to, decides to travel East – to start the whole thing up again.
- Ghostdancing is a six-issue limited series published under DC's Vertigo imprint.
- This is the final issue of the series. This is the only issue that does not follow the First Tremor, Second Tremor, Third Tremor subtitle format from the previous issues.
- Final appearance of all character; Death of Agent Cody.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ghostdancing Vol 1 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Ghostdancing series
- Images from Ghostdancing Vol 1 6