Gibson was the assistant of an elder archaeologist called Coombs. Together, they found the mask of Anubis on an ancient ruin in Egypt and they brought it to Gotham City for the Gotham Museum. Gibson was in charge of showing the mask to Batman, who became suspicious of Coombs after he learned that the elder man liked to wear the mask from time to time. Shortly after this, a new criminal appeared in Gotham under the alias of Anubis, the Jackal emperor. Coombs was the main suspect, but after a few encounters with the criminal, Batman learned that he was in fact Gibson, who tried to frame Coombs. Eventually, Coombs was captured by the Dynamic Duo, who kept the mask of Anubis as a trophy in the Batcave.
- This version of Jackal-Head, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Gibson (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Gibson (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Gibson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Gibson (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."