Appearing in "A Mad New World"
- Gilgamesh Bonner (First appearance)
- The Other/Otto (First appearance)
- Captain Belgettas (First appearance; dies)
- Osmac (First appearance; dies)
- Steppenwolf Bonner (First appearance)
- Sunflower Bonner (First appearance)
- Agent Bambi (First appearance)
- Director Nu (First appearance)
- Frank (unnamed) (First appearance)
- Ronald Reagan (First appearance)
- Raul (First appearance)
- George (First appearance)
- Rosey (First appearance)
- Corporate Board of Directors (First appearance)
- General Dynamic (First appearance)
- Fred Stop (Commissioner of Propaganda ) (First appearance)
- Mark Downs (Operations Commissioner) (First appearance)
- Mr. Azula (First appearance) (Cameo)
Synopsis for "A Mad New World"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- August 17, 1987 is the Day Captain Belgettas arrived; since his Ship can't defend itself anymore he can't land on Earth without risking to be shot, he decides to drop two Infants on Earth, hoping that they will survive - Gilgamesh and Otto
- President Reagen orders the Ship to be shot down after a General in NORAD thinks, that it can only be a Soviet Missile
- Belgettas command that the Escape Pods should be launched and his Robot Servant Omsac informs him, that Alekzi 328 and Talentor 276 are safely off, before the US-Missiles hit Belgettas realizes, that Omsac sent off two Males
- Gilgamesh's Escape Pod goes down in Mexico and is found by Steppenwolf and Sunflower Bonner, two Stoners who were trying to get rich by selling Pot in Mexico; the burning Pod destroyed their Crop, however; Sunflower named him Gilgamesh because of a Story she had in Literature Class about a Hero who fought Grendel and calls im Gilgamesh; Grendel of course was fought by Beowulf
- the other Pod came down in South America in the Jungle and wasn't found by anyone and Otto grew up alone and becomes a Protector of the Jungle; 25 Years later he attacks Military and Corporate People to clear the Forest
- Gilgamesh was attending the University of Dallas; the Teacher is a Robot and the Reagan Administration is "now better known as the who me-? or Bonzo-Administration"; the Bonzo-Administration is reference toward the Ramones' Song "Bonzo goes to Bitburg" which is supposed to be a reference to Reagan
- in 1992 Russia and most of Eastern Europe disappeared; since that Day Experimentation with Teleportation is outlawed, Scientist are still trying to figure out, where the USSR is...
- with Russia gone the new Superpowers were the USA and Red China; after somebody unknown (probably Otto?) released a chemical Agent in South America that killed all Primates including Humans, the USA annexed all Territory South of their Borders; including Nicaragua that was affiliated with China; this led to a 4 Day War in which Australia (USA-Ally) and New Zealand (China-Ally) were bombed back into the Stone Age; the United Cartel of International Corporations lost two big Markets and the Corporate Wars, lasting almost 5 Years, started, in the End the World was run by "the clear Vision of Corporate Leadership"
- corrupt Leaders, in Church or Corporate Form, are a recurring Motive in Starlin's Work
- Gilgamesh fought for the Cartel
- Gilgamesh became Supreme Leader of the Corporate Militia and was elected unanimously Chairman for Life after the Conflict
- Agent Bambi is sent to seduct the Wildman in the South American Jungles, she gives him the Name Otto
- when Gilgamesh sees Otto he attacks him, thinking that someone knows, that he is an Alien and Otto is a Robot; his adoptive Mother ends the Fight and tells Gilly, that he has to accept the Truth; Gilgamesh shows his real Face - the Pip-Face was just a Mask - and he looks exactly like Otto
- Prestige Format, suggested for Mature Readers
- The Title for the Story "A Mad New World" is based on Aldous Huxley's Book "A Brave New World"
- this Series is not part of DC-Continuity; wether it is one of the 52 Earths established after Infinite Crisis is uncertain as of now
- Gilgamesh looks like Pip the Troll whom Starlin created for Marvel Comics, he is bigger however
- it is unclear which one is Alekzi and which is Talentor
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Gilgamesh II Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Gilgamesh II series
Links and References
- No external links.