Roger Parsons was the son of inventor Paul Parsons, who had developed a new type of gas for transportation by balloon. A greedy competitor, Brand Braddock, plotted to stop Mr. Parsons, and did so by shooting down a balloon Parsons was using to test the formula. Mr. Parsons, his wife, and his son Roger were all aboard the balloon; the two adults died when the balloon crashed in a sparsely-populated area of the Western United States, while the baby miraculously survived. An old prospector named Nugget Ned raised the child as his own, teaching him to fend for himself and developing the boy into a skilled archer. On his deathbed, the old man told the now-grown boy of his origins, and the young man, calling himself "Golden Arrow", set out to avenge his father and right other wrongs throughout the West.
Golden Arrow's adventures began in or before 1860, and he was still active during the heyday of the Pony Express, which ended in 1861.
Golden Arrow did not possess any superhuman capabilities.
- Equestrianism: Golden Arrow was a capable horseback rider, and cultivated a strong bond with his horse, White Wind.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Golden Arrow was an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant.
- Firearms: Golden Arrow was an expert marksman.
- Archery: Golden Arrow is an expert with a bow and arrow.
Bow & Arrow
- This version of Golden Arrow, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 40 Appearances of Roger Parsons (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Roger Parsons (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Roger Parsons (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Roger Parsons (Earth-S)