Gonzo the Mechanical Bastard was created by the Mathemagicians of the Anti-Life Equation to spread chaos throughout Earth. In the aftermath of the chaos caused by Chemo being dropped onto the city of Blüdhaven, Gonzo managed to slip through a dimensional crack between this universe and the Antimatter Universe. Father Time, the commanding officer of S.H.A.D.E., discovered him and started educating him, exposing to every piece of information known to man.
Under Time's orders, he becomes an exact duplicate of Senator Henry Knight, and kills the original, taking his place as President of the United States. Gonzo eventually betrays Father Time, forcing him to team up with Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters, providing them with the footage they need to unmask him.
Ultimately, Gonzo was turned into data by Father Time from using using Atomic Knights technology and traps him in an "orphan box" in the shape of a pair of glasses, hoping to use him against his creators, the Shadow Demons.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength
- Shape-Shifting - Gonzo has the ability to become a physical doppelganger of any human.
- According to Justin Gray, Gonzo was derived from a character proposal by Grant Morrison, which was to have been an update of Bozo the Iron Man, but the final concept became very different from the inspiration.
- 7 Appearances of Gonzo the Mechanical Bastard (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Gonzo the Mechanical Bastard (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Gonzo the Mechanical Bastard (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gonzo the Mechanical Bastard (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: