Grodd comes from a hidden civilization in Africa populated by a society of highly-evolved and extraordinarily intelligent gorillas. Before his betrayal of the leader of this city, he was the greatest scientific genius among these exceptional primates.
But Grodd was not satisfied with living in peace with the other gorillas. He wanted more. He used his limited telepathic powers to read others' thoughts, and learned how to "force the mind" and create mental illusions. His desire to rule Gorilla City brought him into conflict with the Flash and the rest of the Justice League of America. Grodd's abilities have only been amplified since this first conflict.
His hunger for power is a reminder that crime is not merely the result of social inequalities. Not is it limited to humanity. 
- Psionics: Being a member of the gorilla super-race living within Gorilla City, Grodd has an exceptional mind. Through sheer force of will Grodd has adapted limited psionic powers which, like a muscle, grow every day. 
- Telepathy: One of the primary abilities Grodd has learned to use over the years is his telepathy. Through his telepathy he has learned secrets to his mental abilities that he would not have known otherwise. His telepathic abilities rival that of the Martian Manhunter. 
- Telekinesis: One of the secondary abilities Grodd uses only rarely, his Telekinetic ability allow him to hover and lift enormously heavy objects. 
- Mind Control: Although not as forceful as his telepathic abilities, his ability to control another sentient mind is a dangerous one. He was able to control the likes of Captain Cold without ever being to noticed by the JLA or Cold himself. 
- Consciousness Transference: Granted the time, Grodd can transfer his mind into another body for a limited amount of time. He's done so to robots to attack others as well as other heroes to turn them on their friends. 
- Gorilla Physiology
- Genius Level Intellect: Being a member of the gorilla super-race living within Gorilla City, Grodd has an exceptional mind. He is a learned gorilla who uses his incredible mind to push the limits of gorilla and human capabilities. 
- Electrodes: Grodd has three (or more) electrodes attached to his head that he uses to enhanced his psychic abilities worldwide. These were created by Brainiac in an attempt to persuade Grodd to join his side when the time came. 
- 8 Appearances of Gorilla Grodd (Justice)
- 5 Images featuring Gorilla Grodd (Justice)
- 1 Quotations by or about Gorilla Grodd (Justice)
- Character Gallery: Gorilla Grodd (Justice)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Legion of Doom member