This paperback contains four stories from the Gotham Central comic book series: Corrigan, Lights Out, On the Freak Beat, and Unresolved.
The first story, Corrigan, was written by Greg Rucka and illustrated by Michael Lark. It was originally published in November and December, 2004. In this story Crispus Allen's job is threatened after the corrupt Jim Corrigan removes evidence from a scene.
Lights Out is the second story. It was also written by Greg Rucka and illustrated by Michael Lark. Originally is was published in January, 2005. At orders of Michael Akins, the Bat-Signal is removed from Gotham Central after the events of War Games. This which leads the Major Crimes Unit (MCU) to further distrust Batman.
On the Freak Beat, the third story, was written by Ed Brubaker and illustrated by Jason Alexander. This story was published in February and March, 2005. This story is about a murder investigation in which Catwoman is a suspect. This investigation is further complicated when Catwoman learns about detective Josie Mac's psychic powers, a secret she has kept from the others at the MCU.
This fourth and last story is Unresolved. This story was written by Greg Rucka and illustrated by Stefano Gaudiano. It was originally published from April to July, 2005. Detective Renee Montoya investigates the disappearance of important evidence amid a gang war and travels to Keystone City in an attempt to unveil the truth about Officer Andrew Kelly's strange mutation.
This paperback collects the following comic books:
- Gotham Central #23 (Corrigan, Part One)
- Gotham Central #24 (Corrigan, Part Two)
- Gotham Central #25 (Lights Out)
- Gotham Central #26 (On The Freak Beat, Part One)
- Gotham Central #27 (On The Freak Beat, Part Two)
- Gotham Central #28 (Keystone Kops, Part One)
- Gotham Central #29 (Keystone Kops, Part Two)
- Gotham Central #30 (Keystone Kops, Part Three)
- Gotham Central #31 (Keystone Kops, Part Four)
- No special notes.