This paperback collects the first two stories from the Gotham Central comic book series: In the Line of Duty and Motive. Those stories originally were published by February to May, 2003.
The first story, In the Line of Duty, was written by Greg Rucka and Ed Brubaker, and illustrated by Michael Lark. Gotham's Special Crimes Unit is in a race against time to bring in Mister Freeze without the help of the Dark Knight.
The second story, Motive, was written by Ed Brubaker and illustrated by Michael Lark. The Major Crimes Unit investigate the late Charlie Fields' unsolved case, involving the murder of a teenage girl and the villain Firebug.
This paperback collects the following comic books:
- Gotham Central #1 (In the Line of Duty, Part One)
- Gotham Central #2 (In the Line of Duty, Part Two)
- Gotham Central #3 (Motive, Part One)
- Gotham Central #4 (Motive, Part Two)
- Gotham Central #5 (Motive, Part Three)
- No special notes.