- Darkseid's Apokolips. Evil in its purest form, the heart of human nature, obscured over time as something to be cast away rather than embraced. Hades, Kali, even the word "Lucifer" is an old Latin phrase meaning "morning star", "bringer of light." I'm afraid the centuries and translations have twisted Darkseid's true gifts. But before the end of days, his rapture will be the only salvation.
- -- Granny Goodness src
Granny Goodnes appeard as a mysterious older woman outside Tess Mercers hospital room wearing bulky clothes. She waited in front of Tess Mercer's room when Tess was seriously injured. Later, Tess had a violent attack of her injuries and died. Once the doctors pronounced that Tess was dead, Granny Goodness entered her room and closed the door behind her.
At St. Louse's orphanage Granny Goodness tells a young girl strapped to a wheelchair that she will soon leave her past behind. Granny begins the process as Haley screams. Tess and Clark Kent go to Saint Louise's, claiming to be doing a story for the Daily Planet. Granny Goodness greets them and has the girls sing. Granny takes Tess inside and says she recognizes her as an abandoned soul. They talk about the girls at the orphanage and Granny admits that many of them spend their entire childhoods there. She explains that she has been training her girls to conquer society and shows Tess photos of her many wards that have moved out into the world into positions of power. Granny says that she knows her girls will never abandon her. She then says that she left the music box that Tess found in the hopes that it would bring Tess back, as well as reveals that one of the photos is of Tess. Granny explains that she had Tess for the first five years of her life and then her birth parents took their daughter back and put her into a good home. They were powerful, as well as would have closed down the orphanage if Granny had fought back. However, she explains that she never stopped watching over Tess. Granny went to the hospital and saved Tess, taking her to Cadmus Labs. Now lines will be drawn, as well as Tess will want Granny on her side. She then tells Tess that her girls will take care of Clark. Tess goes off to find him, but Granny waves her hand and smashes her across the floor through force of will. Tess flees into a room, but Granny seals the windows and says that Tess will be her most valuable soldier in the coming war - whether she wants to be or not. Granny leaves, sealing Tess into her old room. While the orphan girls are chaining Clark up, Granny arrives and says that she will bury Clark's memories, as well as his life will be much better without his painful past. Granny straps Clark into a chair and prepares to remove his memories. Clark insists that he has no pain, but Granny says that she will remove his disappointment over his parents' rejection. Clark uses his superbreath to freeze a chain holding a ventilator hood above the kryptonite forge. As Granny starts to wipe his memories, the hood falls and banks the flames. Granny disappears and Clark superspeeds to find Tess. Later Granny meets with Desaad and Gordon Godfrey, Darkseid's two other minions. The unholy trinity is now complete: together they can form an army to serve their dark lord.
Over some time after Clark brought down Granny's orphanage, she has been watching over Oliver Queen.
Granny Goodness followed Oliver, using him to find the Bow of Orion so she could destroy it for her master. After destroying the Bow, Granny still had use for Oliver as she used her abilities to erase his memories of this event. With that, she committed her role on Earth to "clear the mind to prepare the way for Darkseid" by sending the Archer to find Gold Kryptonite as part of a dangerous plan. She, along with Desaad and Gordon Godfrey, task Oliver with placing the gold K ring on Clark's finger to neutralize his powers permanently, but Clark expels Oliver of the Darkness. Ollie, in his Green Arrow uniform, return to the Unholy Trinity's hideout and shoots them all with his arrows. The three prophets dissipate once struck with the projectiles, banished back to Apokolips along with their master.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Granny Goodness. The original character was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Mister Miracle #2.
- Granny Goodness was portrayed by two different actresses. In the episode "Salvation" Nancy Amelia Bell was cast in the role, and for season ten the role was recast with Christine Willes.
- 7 Appearances of Granny Goodness (Smallville)
- 4 Images featuring Granny Goodness (Smallville)
- 1 Quotations by or about Granny Goodness (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Granny Goodness (Smallville)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."