- B-Best paint remover I've ever e-eaten!
Green Arrow's Chili is one of the spiciest entities known to the general superheroic community, and is rarely enjoyed by anyone other than Ollie himself, who reminds kids to get their parents to help them at home with preparation. It is best served with grated cheese and oyster crackers.
- 1 ½ pounds lean sirloin chunks
- 2 tblsp of cumin
- 2 tblsp of paprika
- 1 tblsp of cayenne
- 1 cup minced onion
- ½ cup of chopped green pepper (optional)
- 2 tblsp minced garlic
- 1 tblsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp of salt
- ½ of dried basil, crushed
- 1 tblsp California chili powder (hot)
- 1 tblsp Gebhardt chili powder
- 1 tblsp Hot New Mexico chili powder
- 1 16 oz. can of tomatoes cut up
- 2 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 2 16 oz. cans of dark red kidney beans partially drained
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- Tobasco sauce to taste
- ½ cup water
- Grated Cheese (cheddar)
- Oyster crackers or saltines
- Chopped onions
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and spices together until flavor blends well.
- Drain fat.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, seasonings, tomato sauce and water into a large pan.
- Let simmer for several hour. Occasionally stir.
- Ten minutes before serving, add brown sugar, tobasco sauce, and beans.
- Serve with "help yourself" bowls of grated cheese, oyster crackers, and chopped onions.
- When the world was fundamentally altered during Trinity, the "foul, scorched taste" of Ollie's Chili was one of the few things capable of reminding a godlike Batman of the reality he had come from, when he was reminded of it by Dick Grayson.
- The only characters who seem to like Green Arrow's chili, or at least are able to eat it without screaming in pain, are Green Arrow himself and Batman.
- Appearances of Green Arrow's Chili
- Item Gallery: Green Arrow's Chili
- Images featuring Green Arrow's Chili