Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- All right, so maybe I don't know much about being a hero like Mister Robin Hood here -- but I am heroically drunk!
- -- Oliver Queen
Appearing in "Year One"
- Hackett (First appearance)
- Original Howard Hill longbow
- The Pacific Queen
Synopsis for "Year One"
Three days later, the two return to Star City where they appear at a charity auction fundraiser for the Star City Drug and Rehabilitation Center. Ollie is inebriated and makes a spectacle of himself – particularly when he makes an outrageous bid for the prop bow used by archer Howard Hill in the film The Adventures of Robin Hood. Ollie takes the stage after the auction, and embarrasses himself by throwing up into a wastepaper basket.
The two leave, and Ollie is mortified over his behavior. He tells Hackett that he wishes to go with him on a business trip involving some of Queen's Industries offshore accounts. Hackett tries to talk him out of it, but Ollie insists on coming along. He cannot bear to be in the public spotlight after the fundraiser fiasco.
On the luxury ship The Pacific Queen, Ollie learns that Hackett has been embezzling money on behalf of a criminal named China White. He didn't want Ollie involved, but knew that his presence on the journey threatened to expose China White's operations. Hackett holds Queen at gunpoint, but Ollie knocks him down with a punch to the jaw. Hackett responds with a head-butt and Ollie collapses onto the deck. China White telephones Hackett and orders him to shoot Queen. Hackett doesn’t want to murder Ollie in cold blood, so he dumps him overboard.
- Ollie makes reference to meeting Howard Hill as a child. This event was chronicled in Green Arrow Secret Files and Origins #1.
- Howard Hill was an actual archer who performed the stunt-shooting for Errol Flynn in the 1938 film The Adventures of Robin Hood.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow: Year One Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow: Year One series
- Images from Green Arrow: Year One Vol 1 1
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents