- All those years of wearing that mask... and it turns out the only reason no one figured out wo I was... is that they never really tried. Makes sense, I suppose.
- -- Green Arrow
Appearing in "Here There be Dragons, Part Two"
Synopsis for "Here There be Dragons, Part Two"
Dinah Lance wakes up Oliver Queen with a surprise birthday cake, to celebrate his 44th birthday. Characteristically, he wishes for love-making when he blows out the candles - which Dinah is happy to provide. Afterwards, while Oliver is shaving, he discovers that Dinah is taking birth control pills, but says nothing. Instead, he suggests that they visit the zoo.
Elsewhere, on a tropical island, the cabin in which Shado is sleeping gets raided by a team of Yakuza agents. She easily dispatches them all using her arrows and her wits, causing the entire cabin to explode as she escapes.
At the zoo, Oliver and Dinah walk past several instances of children having fun. Oliver is visibly pleased, but Dinah's mood changes. Oliver notes that they are being followed by none other than Eddie Fyers and Greg Osborne of the CIA. Oliver and Dinah easily subdue the agents, and Osborne asks to speak to Oliver in private while Eddie and Dinah spar.
Osborne reveals that a map, leading to a World War II era treasure buried in the Philippines, has been discovered. The map has gone missing, however, and the Japanese Yakuza has bought up several plots of land there - indicating that they have found the map, and are digging up the gold. Osborne believes that despite this, Shado has stolen the map from the Yakuza. He suggests that Oliver should find Shado, get the map, and turn it over to the CIA in order to put the treasure into the hands of the Filipino government, as a means of boosting the country's economy.
Oliver is skeptical, but Osborne reveals that he will report him to the IRS for tax evasion if he doesn't comply, referring to the large sum of laundered money that Oliver acquired during the Robin Hood Killer case. When asked how Osborne found him, Oliver is surprised to hear that his identity was easy to uncover.
Despite Dinah's concerns, Oliver takes the mission and follows the CIA's lead to Hawaii. He follows the trail, and eventually comes face to face with Shado. He is stunned when she fires an arrow straight into his chest.
- Oliver Queen turns 44 in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 2 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- More Fun Comics (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: Year One (Volume 1)
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents