Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Trial of Oliver Queen, Part 2": At the police station, Officers Egan and Stankowski get teased by their coworkers because Egan missed two shots against a perp. Egan realizes that there are worries that his age could get his partner killed, but Stankoswki is unconcerned.
- Sooner or later you have to turn and face it-- you made a mistake! Welcome to the human race, pal. It's your choice. If you let it, it will destroy you. But if you do let it, remember you had a choice... you just picked the easiest way. You didn't fall into that bottle. You crawled in and pulled the cork in after you!
- -- Hal Jordan
Appearing in "The Trial of Oliver Queen, Part 2"
- Officer Egan (Dies)
- Officer Hansen
- Officer Stankowski
- Mt. Rainier
Synopsis for "The Trial of Oliver Queen, Part 2"
At the police station, Officers Egan and Stankowski get teased by their coworkers because Egan missed two shots against a perp. Egan realizes that there are worries that his age could get his partner killed, but Stankoswki is unconcerned.
Oliver Queen wakes from a nightmare to find himself at a campsite with no memory of how he got there. His friend Hal Jordan appears, explaining that they have been there for two days. Oliver is bitter and resentful of both Hal's presence, and his lack of sympathy. Oliver's attitude angers Hal, and he pleads for his friend to remember that he is only a man, and the standard of a God doesn't apply to him. He criticize Oliver's drinking, and urges him to accept that he made a mistake.
Oliver becomes enraged and punches Hal in the face, and the two struggle with each other until Oliver beats Hal into submission, shouting "what do you want from me?!" When Hal responds that he just wants his friend back, Oliver realizes the error of his ways and they embrace as friends.
Officers Egan and Stankowski are called to a gang fight where Egan decides to chase down one of the gang members who tries to escape. When he corners the kid, he pulls a gun, and Egan doesn't move fast enough. The kid shoots him, just as Stankowski appears and shoots down the gang member.
At the hospital, Egan has called Green Arrow in to see him. When he asks whether Oliver plans to quit being a vigilante, Oliver explains that he had thought about it, but in the name of justice he can't. The law doesn't do enough to mete out real justice, and that is why he is needed. As he finishes his speech, Officer Egan dies.
Oliver returns home to the Sherwood Florist, where he gathers all of the alcohol in the house and dumps it down the drain. Finally, he and Dinah Lance reunite, with Oliver recovered.
- This book was first published on May 25, 1989.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Arrow: The Trial of Oliver Queen collection.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 2 20 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents