Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Blood of the Dragon, Part 1: Uchiokoshi": In Japan, Shado sits with her baby outside. She takes the baby inside and puts it in its crib and goes outside to practice with her bow and arrow. A group of masked men with guns arrive at her
- I have four days. If I cannot find my son I will have to kill this man. You will try to stop me and I will have to kill you also.
- -- Shado
Appearing in "Blood of the Dragon, Part 1: Uchiokoshi"
- Shado's baby (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Blood of the Dragon, Part 1: Uchiokoshi"
In Japan, Shado sits with her baby outside. She takes the baby inside and puts it in its crib and goes outside to practice with her bow and arrow. A group of masked men with guns arrive at her house and kill her house maid. As she rushes to the house, she is attacked by a group of four men, and she kills them all. She fights her way to the house and likely would have killed all of the assailants if one of them hadn't held a sword to her baby. When she relents, she is knocked unconscious.
Shado awakens chained in a cell. Two men in suits tell her they have a job for her to do, and to ensure her cooperation, threaten he baby's life.
In Seattle, Oliver Queen celebrates his birthday with Dinah Lance. Oliver is somewhat disheartened by his own aging, but Dinah is reassuring and they make love. Later, someone delivers a message to Oliver that appears to be from Shado. He tells Dinah that he has to go to Japan, and she is displeased despite his reassurances.
Oliver flies to Japan and arrives at Shado's home. She tells him that her baby has been kidnapped by the Yakuza and some Americans. She explains that they want her to kill a man and then kill herself. If she does not comply, her son will be killed. If she does, her son will be raised by the Yakuza - as a slave, like she was. She tells Oliver she has four days to find her son, or she will have to kill the man. She tells Oliver if he tries to stop her, she will have to kill him as well. When Oliver asks Shado why she sent for him. She replies that she did not.
- This issue is suggested for mature readers.
- Oliver Queen turns 45 in this issue.
- Oliver's suggestion that Hal Jordan has a portrait in his attic that's "not doing so hot" is a reference to the Oscar Wilde novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray."
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 2 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents