Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Archer's Quest, Part I: Photograph": Green Arrow and Superman are visiting GA's gravestone. Ollie asks Clark who had attended his funeral. Clark shows him a series of photographs detailing people in attendance, but there is one face that he doesn't recognize.
- Now, did you bring the lockpick arrow?
- -- Green Arrow
Appearing in "The Archer's Quest, Part I: Photograph"
Synopsis for "The Archer's Quest, Part I: Photograph"
Green Arrow and Superman are visiting GA's gravestone. Ollie asks Clark who had attended his funeral. Clark shows him a series of photographs detailing people in attendance, but there is one face that he doesn't recognize.
Later, he uses one of Dinah's communicator earrings to contact Oracle. He sends her a scan of the photograph and asks her to ID the mysterious figure. Oracle comes back and tells him that man in the photo is Thomas Blake, the Catman. Now Ollie wants to know why a third-rate Batman villain was seen attending his funeral.
He calls up his old sidekick Arsenal and the two track Catman down. They find that he is now in the witness relocation program for turning evidence against the villain Monsieur Mallah. Ollie and Roy sink two arrows through Catman's bathrobe and interrogate him as to why he was seen at Ollie's funeral. Just then, the villain known as the Shade arrives.
- This book was first published on August 28, 2002.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Arrow: Archer's Quest trade paperback.
- The following appear in photographs in this issue: Aquaman, Atom (Ray Palmer), Black Lightning, Carol Ferris, Eddie Fyers, Elongated Man, Flash (Jay Garrick), Flash (Wally West), Green Lantern (John Stewart), Martian Manhunter, Nightwing (Dick Grayson), Northwind, Question (Vic Sage), Sentinel, Sue Dibny, Tom "Pieface" Kalmaku, Troia, Vixen, Wildcat (Ted Grant), Wonder Woman (Diana) and Zatanna.
- It is established that Batman was at Oliver Queen's funeral in disguise. Would he have not recognized Thomas Blake and interrogated him? Further, why didn't Ollie go directly to Batman after learning that the man in the photo was one of his foes?
- Monsieur Mallah is a member of the Brotherhood of Evil and is a frequently seen foe of the original Doom Patrol and New Teen Titans. The events detailing Catman's testimony against Mallah has never been chronicled.
- The Shade is a Golden Age foe of the original Flash and has been established as a major supporting character in Starman (Volume 2).
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 3 16 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents