"The Archer's Quest, Conclusion: Fatherhood": Ollie rents the entire restaurant at the Space Needle in Seattle. He brings Black Canary there for a surprise dinner date. Seattle is where they both used to live prior to thei
- 'Green Arrow' is taken, so who should I be? Red Arrow? Longshot? Shaft?
- -- Connor Hawke
Appearing in "The Archer's Quest, Conclusion: Fatherhood"
- Ted Grant (Cameo)
Synopsis for "The Archer's Quest, Conclusion: Fatherhood"
Ollie rents the entire restaurant at the Space Needle in Seattle. He brings Black Canary there for a surprise dinner date. Seattle is where they both used to live prior to their breakup. Rather than having dinner served to them however, Ollie brings along two thermoses of homemade chili. He is prepared to propose to Dinah but loses his nerve at the last moment.
After the date, he stops in to visit Roy and then Connor who is still recovering from a recent bullet wound. He sees that Connor is perusing a scrapbook of various adventures that Roy had built over the years.
Later, he goes down into the basement and cracks open the frame of the plaque he recovered from the Arrowcave. Inside is a photograph of Ollie holding Connor as an infant. He places it as well as the other personal affects he had collected into a time capsule inside of a secret vault. He addresses the box to Roy with instructions to open in the event of his death.
- This book was first published on February 26, 2003.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Arrow: The Archer's Quest trade paperback.
- This issue establishes that Roy Harper had been partners with Ollie for five years (which would make him 18 at the time that he became addicted to drugs, which seems unlikely).
- This issue establishes that Ollie always knew of Connor's existence, but abandoned him at infancy.
- Black Canary is seen on the cover of this issue chewing on an arrow, which is odd since arrows were never a part of her crime-fighting repertoire. Presumably, Matt Wagner simply wanted to paint a cover with the ensemble cast all pointing arrows in the same direction.
- This issue reveals that the reason why Hal Jordan was always making big green boxing gloves and why Ollie always used boxing glove arrows was because they were both huge fans of boxing.
- One of the names that Connor considers using is "Red Arrow". Ironically, this is the name that Roy Harper will eventually adopt as a member of the Justice League of America.
- Green Arrow image gallery
- Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) appearances list
- Green Arrow quotes page
- Archer's Quest
- Arsenal appearances list
- Black Canary appearances list
- Connor Hawke appearances list
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 3 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow and Black Canary Wedding Special
Links and References
- Green Arrow article at Wikipedia
- Green Arrow article at Don Markstein's Toonopeida
- Green Arrow: Marvelous, Fantastic Tales in the WNU (Wold Newton Universe)
- Green Arrow biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Green Arrow Unofficial Compendium