"Crawling Through the Wreckage, Part 2: Green Party Agenda": Mayor Oliver Queen is holding a press conference where he reveals his grand plan for Star City. He intends to use increasingly dramatic political stunts, such as performing gay marriages, and firing hal
- I love Star City. I love everything it was.
Appearing in "Crawling Through the Wreckage, Part 2: Green Party Agenda"
- Theodore Davis
- Captain Richard Cooper
- Commissioner Brian Nudocerdo (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Crawling Through the Wreckage, Part 2: Green Party Agenda"
Mayor Oliver Queen is holding a press conference where he reveals his grand plan for Star City. He intends to use increasingly dramatic political stunts, such as performing gay marriages, and firing half his staff over his refusal to accept corrupt CEO Theodore Davis's urban renewal plan, to get the Governor, and others, to pay attention to his city. One of his efforts involves tearing down a wall constructed around the poor side of town, but this project has been stalled. When terrorists threaten to blow up the wall Green Arrow intervenes, but to Police Commissioner Brian Nudocerdo's fury, he also helps the terrorists escape. Angrily Nudocerdo demands a warrant for Green Arrow's arrest. Later, Oliver Queen returns to his office to find Deathstroke, who has been hired by Theodore Davis to kill him.
- This book was first published on April 12, 2006.
- This issue received a second printing with a red cast to the art on May 17th, 2006.
- This issue was reprinted in the Green Arrow: Crawling Through The Wreckage Trade Paperback.
- Frederick Tuckman and John Smalls fulfill the roles of Friar Tuck and Little John in Green Arrow's recurring Robin Hood motif.
- Oliver Queen's actions on gay marriage are somewhat reminiscent of San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, who in 2004 issued marriage licenses to gay couples in his city in violation of current state law.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 3 61 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- Images from Green Arrow Vol 3 61
Links and References
- No external links.
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.