"Seeing Red (Part II of IV) - The Buddy System": The Red Hood stands before Brick after assassinating his own arms dealers. He wants to strike a deal with Brick, but Danny Brickwell shows little patience for this masked mystery man. The
- I will never understand the appeal of the Hawaiian pizza.
- -- Green Arrow
Appearing in "Seeing Red (Part II of IV) - The Buddy System"
Synopsis for "Seeing Red (Part II of IV) - The Buddy System"
The Red Hood stands before Brick after assassinating his own arms dealers. He wants to strike a deal with Brick, but Danny Brickwell shows little patience for this masked mystery man. The two get into a fight, and the Red Hood is suprised by how fast the Brick truly is. Red Hood fires a small-calibur rocket into his shoulder, forcing him to calm down. He tells the Brick that he wants the two of them to "meet with some old friends".
Meanwhile, Batman, Green Arrow and Speedy collaborate to track down the Red Hood. Ollie has Mia work through her own network of resources to get as much information as possible concerning recent drugs-for-weapons deals.
Batman takes off, and finds two small-time hoods with a connection to the Red Hood. He interogates them, and they reveal the location of several drop-off points throughout the city. Batman, Green Arrow and Speedy split-up to check out each location.
Batman goes to a highrise on Adams avenue, only to find that the rooftop is lined with mounted firearms and explosives. Green Arrow runs into a similar situation at the Dabney Street location. Batman runs into the Brick, while Green Arrow faces the Red Hood.
- This book was first published on January 10, 2007.
- The Red Hood (Jason Todd) makes reference to the fact that he wears a mask beneath his hood for the purpose of dramatic effect. This is based off of an interaction he had with Batman in Batman Annual #25.
- Mia Dearden comments that the Red Hood has a "history of shrugging off getting blown up in buildings". She is referencing the incident wherein Jason Todd first died at the hands of the Joker in Batman #428.
- After setting off the booby traps on the Adams Avenue building, Batman exclaims that, "The roof is on fire". Mia responds with, "Well, we don't need no water... let that moth--". Mia is partially reciting lyrics to the 1984 Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three song, "The Roof is on Fire". The full lyric is "The roof. The roof. The roof is on fire. We don't need no water, let the mother****** burn".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 3 70 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow article at Wikipedia
- Green Arrow article at Don Markstein's Toonopeida
- Green Arrow: Marvelous, Fantastic Tales in the WNU (Wold Newton Universe)
- Green Arrow biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- The Unofficial Green Arrow Compendium