"Seeing Red (Part III of IV) - Change Partners": Speedy tries to keep in contact with Green Arrow and Batman, but her radio goes silent as each hero is embroiled in his own separate fight. Upon hearing cries for
- Man, I gotta tell you... I really wish I could be watching this one ringside as well as fighting it... 'cause it's gonna be good.
- -- Jason Todd
Appearing in "Seeing Red (Part III of IV) - Change Partners"
- San Francisco
- Star City
Synopsis for "Seeing Red (Part III of IV) - Change Partners"
Speedy tries to keep in contact with Green Arrow and Batman, but her radio goes silent as each hero is embroiled in his own separate fight. Upon hearing cries for help from a building across the street, Speedy leaps to investigate.
At the Kell Corporation, the Green Arrow squares off against the Red Hood. He fires a few arrows into the ceiling, setting off the sprinkler system. The Red Hood decides to forego his firearms, preferring instead the use of a samurai sword. Ollie has his own sword and the two begin fighting.
Across town, the Batman deals with the Brick. He baits Brick into following him into a confined alleyway, and then releases a handful of gas pellets. The Brick knew that Batman would attempt such a tactic, and came prepared with a gas mask. Batman then sets the Brick on fire with an incendiary device, fully aware that the strategy will only serve to slow him down.
Green Arrow and the Red Hood continue their own fight, and Ollie manages to get the drop on him. Disarming the Hood, he holds both swords at his throat. Jason taunts Ollie, and reveals that the sword is more than just a regular weapon. Realizing that it is also a timed explosive, Ollie throws the sword into the wall, and both combatants vacate the building before it explodes.
The Red Hood radios a group of his cohorts stationed elsewhere. They have captured Speedy and are holding her captive.
Meanwhile, Constantine Drakon and Deathstroke murder two prison guards and escape from Alcatraz Island. Deathstroke radios his old master, Natas, and tells him that he is free. Natas responds by indicating that he is prepared for Deathstroke to teach his last student (Ollie) a lesson in failure.
- Natas appeared last in Green Arrow (Volume 3) #67.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 3 71 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- Images from Green Arrow Vol 3 71
- More Fun Comics (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: Year One (Volume 1)
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow article at Wikipedia
- Green Arrow article at Don Markstein's Toonopeida
- Green Arrow: Marvelous, Fantastic Tales in the WNU (Wold Newton Universe)
- Green Arrow biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- The Unofficial Green Arrow Compendium