"Quiver (Part VIII of X) - When Ollie Met Ollie": Batman, Black Canary and Arsenal attack the Demon en masse for they believe he is responsible for the death of Green Arrow. But Deadman arrives and takes possession of Etrigan's body, forcing him to change back into [[Jason Bl
Appearing in "Quiver (Part VIII of X) - When Ollie Met Ollie"
- Demon (Jason Blood)
- Eddie Fyers
- Oliver Queen (disembodied soul)
- Spectre (Hal Jordan)
- Stanley Dover
Synopsis for "Quiver (Part VIII of X) - When Ollie Met Ollie"
Batman, Black Canary and Arsenal attack the Demon en masse for they believe he is responsible for the death of Green Arrow. But Deadman arrives and takes possession of Etrigan's body, forcing him to change back into Jason Blood. He informs the group that Ollie is alive and well and taking a tour of Heaven.
In Heaven, Ollie is speaking to his older spirit self. The older Ollie explains that he had Hal recreate him with memories leading up to the best years of his life – the time that Ollie and Hal spent on the road. He goes on to say how his life for the past few years had been a shambles and he didn't want that aspect of his personality back on Earth – hence the ten year gap in Ollie's memory.
Before soulless Ollie can get anymore answers, he finds himself booted out of Heaven and sent back to Stanley's house. He tells Stanley that he is a hollow and that he has no soul. Stanley Dover then clubs him over the back of the head and brings him down into the basement. It is now revealed that Stanley Dover is the Star City Slayer! He gestures towards a glass enclosed pit containing a young blond-haired boy dressed up in a mock costume of a hairy purple monster.
Meanwhile, back at the Ashram, Connor Hawke, Oliver Queen's, son has a vision in which he knows his father is alive and in danger.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Arrow: Quiver trade paperback.
- The identity of the boy in the glass cage is revealed in this issue. His name is Stanley Dover, a character created as a 1960s humor strip known as Stanley and his Monster.
- The following characters appear in a cameo flashback: Aquaman, Atom (Ray Palmer), Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Hawkman (Carter Hall), the Question, and Speedy (Roy Harper).
- The title to this issue is a reference to the 1989 romantic comedy, When Harry Met Sally.
- This is the first issue where Connor Hawke demonstrates the ability to have visions.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 3 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents
[[Category:Green Arrow: Quiver|Green Arrow Vol 3 0008]]