"Living a Life of Privilege": At Seattle's Queen Industries, Emerson, the CEO, believes that Q-Core, a subsidiary, should be at the top of Queen Industries' roster, rather than hidden in the background. Q-Core's innovations in technology, such as the Q-pa
- I can't sit on the sidelines and do nothing. I won't. The last time I did, I watched people die. People I could have saved. People I should have saved. That's not going to happen again. Not as long as I can do something about it.
- -- Oliver Queen
Appearing in "Living a Life of Privilege"
- Green Arrow (First appearance)
- Dynamix (First appearance)
- Doppelganger (First appearance)
- Supercharge (First appearance)
- Rush (First appearance)
- Lime and Light (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Pandora (Cameo)
- WayneTech (Mentioned only)
- LexCorp (Mentioned only)
- French Meta-Military (Mentioned only)
- Holt Industries (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Living a Life of Privilege"
At Seattle's Queen Industries, Emerson, the CEO, believes that Q-Core, a subsidiary, should be at the top of Queen Industries' roster, rather than hidden in the background. Q-Core's innovations in technology, such as the Q-pad and Q-phone, are huge hits around the world. Of course, Oliver Queen, the CEO of Queen Industries, is using Q-Core as a front for his operations as the Green Arrow.
Even as he is mid-conference call with the Queen Industries board of directors, Oliver is in costume in Paris, tracking down three super-criminals with the help of a hacker named Naomi and a man named Jax. The crooks board a boat at a party, and decide to steal it, along with all the passengers' valuables. This forces Oliver into action, and he crashes down through a skylight. Using his arsenal of trick arrows, he incapacitates the three super-crooks while encouraging the passengers to jump ship.
Using a special arrow that he fires into the the boat's control system, Ollie passes control over to Naomi. The crooks redouble their efforts, but Oliver manages to take them out, all while criticizing their misuse of power. Once Oliver has dealt with all of them, Naomi takes the ship ashore.
Back in Seattle, Oliver meets with his assistant Adrien, who warns him that Emerson expects Oliver to be more available to him. Oliver expresses his desire to keep Q-Core as far from Queen Industries as possible, so that he can keep his Green Arrow activities covert. Impulsively, Ollie decides to placate Emerson by sending Adrien herself as his representative to Queen Industries.
Meeting with Jax, Oliver asks for an update from Naomi on the recent bust in Paris. She indicates that both Supercharge and Dynamix are in custody, but the woman Doppelganger is stuck in a lab. Jax expresses his concern that when he signed up to work for Q-Core, he had expected to be working on innovating new technologies, not acting as support for a playboy vigilante. He complains that he didn't want to spend his time creating weapons. Oliver responds that Jax's reluctance makes him perfect for the job - someone who doesn't derive enjoyment from finding new ways to hurt people. he explains that the last time he didn't act when he could, people died, and he could have saved them. He vows that that will not happen again.
In a Paris maximum security facility, Dynamix and Supercharge are paid a visit by a man named Rush, and his gang of super-powered criminals.
- This book was first published on September 7, 2011.
- Pandora appears to witness the events of this issue, as she does all #1 issues published as part of The New 52. This is directly following her first appearance at the end of Flashpoint. She can be seen directly behind Oliver Queen during the fight at the nightclub.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 5 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- Images from Green Arrow Vol 5 1
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)