- What do you think? Realizing you bit off more than you can chew? With or without teeth.
- -- Green Arrow
Appearing in "Going Viral"
- Los Angeles (On a television or computer screen)
- San Francisco (On a television or computer screen)
Synopsis for "Going Viral"
The flashy female villains Lime and Light have been on a rampage, travelling north from Los Angeles to San Francisco, and now Seattle. Green Arrow engages them outside the Space Needle, quickly tiring of their cravings for attention. Using his Trick Arrows, he manages to take out the pair of them.
Later, Oliver plays one-on-one basketball with his friend Anthony, and gets creamed. Emerson, the CEO of Queen Industries appears on the court and chastises Oliver for shirking his responsibilities as the face of the company and head of Q-Core. He warns that if Oliver doesn't start doing PR for his division, the board will remove him altogether.
Elsewhere, Alpha, an inexperienced young super villain is inducted into the ranks of Rush's gang. Alpha is overwhelmed, seeing many of his idols in the warehouse. All of them share a modus operandi in which they capture their crimes on film, and put it all on the internet for the world to view. Rush explains that he wants to take on the Green Arrow, and in order to do that, he will be using alpha - though perhaps not in the way that he expected.
Oliver checks in with his hacker friend Naomi, who notes that Lime and Light were connected with the villains Dynamix and Supercharge that Green Arrow tangled with in Paris. They watch an online video in which Rush and his cronies beat Alpha to death on camera. As the video comes to an end, Rush faces the camera and calls out Green Arrow to take him on.
Afterwards, Jax - Oliver's engineer - gives him a new toy meant for taking out multiple targets. Ollie is unimpressed until he accidentally activates it, and finds that it changes from an unremarkable ball into a collection inflatable balls which knock him off his feet. Fortunately, the device is made with breathable fabric, in order to prevent suffocation. Ollie asks if it can be fit onto the end of an arrow.
That night, Oliver heads to the warehouse, expecting an ambush. It doesn't take long before it finds him, and Rush and his friends attack. Unfortunately, Oliver finds himself surrounded quickly, and half the world is watching expectantly, live over the internet.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Arrow Vol 5 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Arrow series
- Images from Green Arrow Vol 5 2
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow Unofficial Compendium
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents
- Arrow Green Arrow at Arkhampedia