"Darkness Visible": The planet Rann is being attacked by a large entity calling itself Oblivion. It tells Adam Strange to warn the people on Earth because that will be its next target. A battered Adam Strange contacts the [[Justice League
Appearing in "Darkness Visible"
- Adam Strange
- Justice League of America
- Power Girl
- Green Lantern Corps
Synopsis for "Darkness Visible"
The planet Rann is being attacked by a large entity calling itself Oblivion. It tells Adam Strange to warn the people on Earth because that will be its next target. A battered Adam Strange contacts the JLA who quickly go off into space. Arriving on Rann, Green Lantern is shocked because Oblivion looks exactly like a super villain he created for a comic book when he was a little kid.
Being outmatched by Oblivion, Superman sends Green Lantern back to Earth to get reinforcements, but instead Kyle runs into the The Spectre. Spectre (actually it is Hal Jordan) offers his help but also warns Kyle that he will be betrayed by one of his allies.
On Earth, Kyle contacts Oracle and asks her to gather other superhero teams like the JSA, the Titans and Young Justice. But as the JLA left the planet, a huge crime spree started and, thus, the heroes are very busy. Nevertheless, Power Girl, Atom and Firestorm answer Oracle's call and additionally, Kyle gets help by a Green Lantern Corps which consists of Green Lanterns from the past, the future and from alternate realities ...
- This book was first published on August 16, 2000.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Lantern: Circle of Fire trade paperback.
- Emerald Knight states that he is from 1256 years after the death of "our lord". However, years are calculated from the supposed year of Jesus' birth not death. It is unclear if this was a hint regarding what the Emerald Knight really was or an error by the writer.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern: Circle of Fire Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern: Circle of Fire series
Links and References
- No external links.