- Like good, evil comes in every shape and size.
- -- Mogo
Appearing in "Old Ghosts"
Synopsis for "Old Ghosts"
Green Lanterns Isamot Kol, Vath Sarn and Bzzd fly to Mogo to arrest Guy Gardner for the murder of another Green Lantern. When they arrive, they briefly fight with Guy, but Gardner manages to explain that something is wrong with Mogo. Mogo's influence has been causing Green Lanterns to act violently which Isamot Kol backs up Guy's story when he noticed earlier that something was wrong when he went to Mogo for counseling (where he quickly left after noticing Green Man acting strangely) and supports Guy's innocence. Soranik Natu later arrives and begins a cursory examination of Mogo's geology. She discovers that a deadly spore has infected Mogo's fauna, and is responsible for altering the perceptions of anyone who visits.
Kilowog, whom has already succumbed to the spore, appears from the forest and attacks his fellow Green Lanterns. The other Lanterns fight him while Soranik struggles to find a way to cut the disease out of the planet. Bzzd incapacitates Kilowog with a strong dose of venom from his stinger.
The mother spore reveals itself as an entity empowered by yellow energy (similar to that generated by Parallax, and utilized by the Sinestro Corps). To permanently eradicate the mother spore, Mogo shifts his orbit until he collides with an asteroid. The collision creates a global fire that burns away the spore’s influence.
- This story is reprinted in the trade paperback Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of Green.
- In the credits for this issue, Prentis Rollins' first name is mis-spelled as "Prentiss".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Corps Vol 2 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern Corps series
Links and References
- Green Lantern Corps at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern Corps at Book of Oa
- Green Lantern Corps at DCU Guide
- Green Lantern Corps series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Green Lantern Corps series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Green Lantern Corps Quarterly series index at Comicbookdb.com