"Eye of the Beholder (Part I)": Guy Gardner finally opens up his new Warriors restaurant located at the Oan Citadel. Kyle Rayner helps him out and the grand opening turns out to be a moderate, if awkward success.
- Someone just got our full and undivided attention.
- -- Kyle Rayner
Appearing in "Eye of the Beholder (Part I)"
- Ena (First appearance)
- Cookie (First appearance)
- Zonna Parzzx (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Eye of the Beholder (Part I)"
Inside the Crypt of the Green Lantern Corps, caretaker Morro administers the last rites to fallen comrade Bzzd who sacrificed himself to defeat Mongul. As the service concludes, he discovers that he is not alone: Saarek, a Green Lantern who possesses the ability to telepathically communicate with the dead, is in the Crypt. He says that the dead are growing colder, and they worry for the future.
A short time later, Kyle visits a GLC training camp on one of Oa's moons. He meets up with Soranik Natu and talks with her, while some observing rookies believe they're flirting before Kilowog puts the rookies back to work. As the rookies are being put through their paces, they suddenly find themselves inundated by a plague of falling eyeballs. They soon discover to their horror, that they eyeballs belong to family members of the Green Lantern Corps. Kyle in particular is outraged and wants to get to the bottom of this hideous massacre.
- First full appearance of Warriors on Oa.
- This issue foreshadows the coming of the Black Lantern Corps.
- This story is reprinted in the trade paperback Sins of the Star Sapphire.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Corps Vol 2 27 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern Corps series
- Images from Green Lantern Corps Vol 2 27
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes