"Earth - Asylum for an Alien": Part 2 of 2. Green Lantern has been caught in a time-null (an artificial stasis field) for two weeks. Green Arrow is on board the space ship of Taupin who has a number of humans, including [[Dinah Laurel Lan
Appearing in "Earth - Asylum for an Alien"
- Commander Pi-X-Square (Single appearance)
- Taupin (Single appearance)
- Trick Arrows (specifically an Explosive Arrow, Blackout Arrow, Net Arrow)
Synopsis for "Earth - Asylum for an Alien"
Part 2 of 2. Green Lantern has been caught in a time-null (an artificial stasis field) for two weeks. Green Arrow is on board the space ship of Taupin who has a number of humans, including Dinah Lance, under mental control via helmets. Taupin is about to open the air lock while two humans will push him out into space when Dinah fights Taupin.
Apparently she fought Green Arrow last issue during which the cable connecting the helmet to the ship snapped. Green Arrow snaps the cables on all the humans. The ship is then attacked by Commander Pi-X-Square's ship. During the confusion, Taupin escapes in a shuttle. The Commander's ship fires at the shuttle, hitting the time-null and weakening it enough that time begins to move and Green Lantern is able to break out.
Unaware of what's happening, Green Lantern defends Taupin's shuttle which goes to Earth where he requests asylum from the United Nations. Because the situation has become political, Green Lantern is prevented from taking further action until Commander Pi-X-Square takes the humans from Taupin's ship as hostages.
Green Lantern arrives, but a message from the Commander states that the humans in the ship are in a "Quarkatomic Link" and will be destroyed should Green Lantern intervene. Green Lantern sits and waits for an opportunity.
Inside the ship, Green Arrow launches an explosion arrow through the airlock and hits the other ship. While no damage is done, the other ship sends someone out to see what happened. Believeing that a human can survive in space for 10 seconds, Green Arrow, without a space ship, jumps through the air lock, space, and into the other ship's airlock. He races to the control room and starts fiddling with the controls. He turns off the Quarkatomic Link and Green Lantern invades the ship. He threatens Commander Pi-x-Square who calls off his plans and the hostages are returned to Earth.
- No special notes.
- In Issue #100 Green Arrow decides to run for Mayor. The events of this issue deter him from that path. In current DC events, Oliver Queen is the former Mayor of Star City.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 103 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Great Book of Oa
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern Shrine
- Emerald Dawn Main Page
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes