Appearing in "Brand of Power"
- Borch (Single appearance)
- The Clancy Bunch (Single appearance)
- Various unnamed residents of Coyote Gulch (Single appearance)
- Star City
- Coyote Gulch
Synopsis for "Brand of Power"
Green Lantern is visiting Green Arrow when he and Black Canary get into a fight. Canary leaves and the two remaining heroes go into space where Green Lantern recharges his ring. They encounter the Silver Twist - a space object that transfers people into alternate realities. A four-armed creature pops in and out of the Silver Twist creating an energy discharge that knocks a satellite out of orbit. After rectifying that, the heroes enter the Twist and are transported to an old western town (called Coyote Gulch), where they are immediately attacked by the town's gunman. They find their weapons are less functional with Lantern's ring only able to produce a single power beam and Arrow's high tech bow and arrows replaced with normal versions. They fight back just as an outlaw gang called the Clancy Bunch, led by a four-armed gunman, attack the town's people who fall back. The Sheriff is killed in the attack. Lantern is shot with a ray which brands his insignia onto his chest. Arrow carries Lantern into the Saloon for cover where he learns the Lantern's insignia is considered the badge of lawmen. The Clancy Bunch call for a one-on-one showdown with the winners claiming the town. Lantern agrees. While Green Arrow defeats the outlaws preparing to ambush during the showdown, Lantern defeats Borch. Arrow discovers a rift between universes and the heroes jump through ending back in their own reality. Green Arrow speculates the Silver Twist creates realities based on the subconscious of the people who enter as Green Lantern is a western buff.
Appearing in "The Doom of Dragon-Fire"
- Doctor Fate (flashback only)
- Power Girl (flashback only)
- Psycho-Pirate (flashback only)
- Star-Spangled Kid (flashback only)
- Green Lantern Ring
- Green Flame Rock
Synopsis for "The Doom of Dragon-Fire"
Green Lantern is chained and pushed into a pit filled with magic flame conjured from the magic stone from which the magic lantern and ring were made. The pit is then sealed by Chang who then uses the stone to change into a humanoid dragon. Later Green Lantern manages to escape from the pit but is unsure how until he realizes that Lo-Lanke had slipped him back his power ring which she had taken from him earlier. The ring tells Green Lantern that when he lost his job, he lost his confidence. That loss of confidence allowed the Psycho-Pirate to take control of him and Alan used the ring for evil (All-Star Comics #68). That act enabled Chang to finally take control of the piece of the rock he possessed. Just then, Chang, in dragon form, arrives seeking the magic lantern. Green Lantern defeats Chang when a tree falls on him and Chang, unaware of the power's ineffectiveness against wood, stands his ground.
- Green Lantern and Green Arrow last encountered the Silver Twist in Issue #92.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 110 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Lantern article at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) article at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile at the Book of Oa
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) profile by Alan Kistler
- Green Arrow article at Wikipedia
- Green Arrow article at Don Markstein's Toonopeida
- Green Arrow: Marvelous, Fantastic Tales in the WNU (Wold Newton Universe)
- Green Arrow biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe