"The Tunnel Through Time!": When alien Pterodactyls attack Earth in order to take it over, Green Lantern is the only force on Earth to stop them. Unable to effect them in the present due to their superior mental abilitie
- There are others who can become wives and mothers--there are very few--women or men--in the universe fit to be Green Lanterns! You are one of us, Katma Tui! And once a Green Lantern--always a Green Lantern!
- -- Hal Jordan
Appearing in "The Tunnel Through Time!"
- Dan (Single appearance)
- Bert (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Tunnel Through Time!"
When alien Pterodactyls attack Earth in order to take it over, Green Lantern is the only force on Earth to stop them. Unable to effect them in the present due to their superior mental abilities, Hal uses his power ring to create a time tunnel to lure the Pyerodactyls to prehistoric Earth.
The plan works, as their ancestral memory kicks in when they see their natural enemy: the Tyranosaurus Rex. This weakens them enough for Green Lantern to defeat them.
Returning to the present, Green Lantern finds that the rest of the invasion fleet has left Earth, deciding that Earth is unconquerable.
Appearing in "Once a Green Lantern - Always a Green Lantern!"
- Giant Amoeba (Dies in flashback)
- Imi Kann (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Once a Green Lantern - Always a Green Lantern!"
Summoned to the planet Oa by the Guardians of the Universe, Hal Jordan is dispatched to the planet Korugar to convince the Green Lantern there, Sinestro's replacement, to continue being a Green Lantern after they decided to resign from the position.
Arriving on Korugar, Hal is shocked to find that Katma Tui is a woman, as she is the first female Green Lantern he's met. Asking her why she wants to cease being the Green Lantern, she recounts a past adventure in which she defended Korugar from a gigantic amoeba and she fell in love with a local scientist named Imi Kann.
When another giant amoeba terrorizes Korugar, both Hal and Katma Tui work to defeat the creature. Afterwards, to decide once and for all which is more important to her, she and Hal create a machine to determine if she is more devoted to loving Imi Kann or being a Green Lantern. When her loyalty shows that she is more loyal to the Green Lanterns, she decides to stay with the Green Lanterns. After the decision is made, Hal returns home.
- This issue is reprinted in The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 5 and Showcase Presents: Green Lantern Vol. 2.
- "Once a Green Lantern - Always a Green Lantern!" is reprinted in DC Special #20.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 30 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
Links and References
- No external links.