"Practice Makes the Perfect Crime!": While out checking out the painting Dona Maria and a Greek sculpture, Hal Jordan is shocked to find that everyone else can see these works of art but him. Investigating as Green Lantern, Hal finds that the objects have been stolen b
- Black Hand is one costumed villain you mustn't underestimate. To prove my point, let me explain something to you about myself... as no doubt many of you know, all super-criminals must have an underlying motive! Without it, they'd just be run-of-the-mill crooks. And I am a super-criminal! Therefore, you ask, what is my motive? It is... to commit the perfect crime!
- -- Black Hand
Appearing in "Practice Makes the Perfect Crime!"
Synopsis for "Practice Makes the Perfect Crime!"
While out checking out the painting Dona Maria and a Greek sculpture, Hal Jordan is shocked to find that everyone else can see these works of art but him. Investigating as Green Lantern, Hal finds that the objects have been stolen by his foe Black Hand who has used his power-light to make people believe the items are still there. During their fight, Black Hand uses his device to make Hal looks like Black Hand, which leads to Hal being framed for the thefts, arrested and put in jail.
With his power ring almost out of it's 24 hour charge, he sends an image of himself to Pieface asking him to bring his power battery to the jail so that he can recharge his power ring. Complying, Hal is able to recharge his ring. At full power, Hal leaves the prison, battles the real Black Hand and defeats him. Reversing the effect, Hal turns Black Hand over to the authorities so that the criminal can do the time for the crimes he committed.
Appearing in "The Fight For the Championship of the Universe!"
- Brutus Force (Single appearance)
- Uxorians (First appearance)
- Uxor (First appearance) (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Fight For the Championship of the Universe!"
An alien gladiator Brutus Force has come to Earth to challenge the Green Lantern for title of champion of the universe. In order to get the hero interested in the duel, Brutus commits a number of crimes to garner Green Lantern's attention. Accepting the challenge the two enter the ring in wrestling match. Brutus manages to get the upper hand, but eventually Hal's quick thinking and will power manages to beat the brute force of Brutus Force in a fight. After winning the fight, Hal allows Brutus and his manager to leave Earth since they had returned the money they stole after the fight was won and the two aliens leave Earth, Brutus satisfied to have fought a worthy opponent.
- This book was first published on July 8, 1965.
- Black Hand appeared last in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #29. He appears next in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #84.
- This issue is reprinted in The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 6.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 39 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 39
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes