"Green Lantern Lives Again!": As Katma Tui mourns over the body of Green Lantern, his body is suddenly transported to the year 5700 AD by Chairman Dasor. Finding Green Lantern near death, they use their devices to revive him and restore him
Appearing in "Green Lantern Lives Again!"
- Green Lantern (Also appears as "Pol Manning")
- Dr. Polaris
- The Viros (Single appearance)
- The Super Viros (Single appearance)
- Enagara (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Green Lantern Lives Again!"
As Katma Tui mourns over the body of Green Lantern, his body is suddenly transported to the year 5700 AD by Chairman Dasor. Finding Green Lantern near death, they use their devices to revive him and restore him to life. With his Pol Manning memories restored, Dasor tells Hal about the Red Virus, a virus that makes people resemble devils and become evil that has been infecting the Solarites.
Battling those infected, they channel their powers into one of their members turning him into Super-Viro, a giant humanoid that uses 100% of its brain. "Pol" manages to defeat Super-Viro, but becomes infected with the Red Virus himself. Trying to fight off its effects, "Manning" uses his Power Ring to expell the virus from his body and make it visible to the naked eye, curing himself. Doing so to the others, "Pol" uses his power ring to destroy the virus and save the Solarites. After sharing an embrace with Iona, Hal is returned to his own era.
Reviving right at the moment he left, Hal shocks Katma with his sudden revival. Realizing that Pieface is still in danger and at the mercy of Dr. Polaris, he rushes back to Earth. There he gets into another battle with Dr. Polaris, but is captured in by Polaris and is stuck on a giant magnet. Breaking free of the device, Hal manages to defeat Dr. Polaris in hand to hand combat. Restoring Pieface afterwards, he explains to Pieface that Dr. Polarus' devices had effected the Guardian's devices into thinking he was dead when there was a faint glimmer of life still left in him. However, he cannot say what revived him, but Pieface notices a small gem stuck on his costume, which came from the necklace of Iona. Not knowing where it came from, Hal puts it away for safe keeping.
- This issue is reprinted in The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 6 and Showcase Presents: Green Lantern Vol. 3.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 47 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 47
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Red Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Sinestro (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes