"The Spectacular Robberies of TV's Master Villain!": Getting an invitation to Barry Allen and Iris West's wedding, Hal decides that he should finally propose to Carol Ferris. However, that night when he does, [[Carol Ferris (New Earth)|
Appearing in "The Spectacular Robberies of TV's Master Villain!"
- Dazzler (Single appearance)
- Al Surrin (Single appearance)
- Tom Jennings (Single appearance)
- Kahu Ibor (Flashback and main story) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Spectacular Robberies of TV's Master Villain!"
Getting an invitation to Barry Allen and Iris West's wedding, Hal decides that he should finally propose to Carol Ferris. However, that night when he does, Carol tells Hal that she is going to be marrying Jason Belmore, a man who Carol met while Hal was in outer space as Green Lantern.
After leaving, Hal notices some suspicious activity, changing into Green Lantern he runs into somebody dressed up as television character the Dazzler, from a TV show about a master criminal. After the Dazzler gets away, Hal learns about the TV show from Pieface, who is a huge fan. Deciding to follow up the production company as a lead, Hal questions Ken Baldwin, the man who plays Dazzler on TV, who denies involvement even though he is a dead ringer for the crook.
Deciding to check out the special effects artist, Hal probes his mind and learns that the special effects artist is really an alien from a planet near the sun Aldrin. Called Kahu Ibor, the alien was bored with the entertainment of his own world and came to Earth, but could only land a job as a special effects artist. Ibor used his mental powers to save Ken when a stunt went bad. Ken realized Ibor was the cause, and convinced him to teach him how to have mental powers. When Ibor finished teaching Baldwin, Ken turned on Ibor using the powers to mentally block Ibor from stopping him start his criminal career as a real live Dazzler.
Tracking Dazzler to the local museum, Hal is able to defeat Dazzler and his mental duplicates, and then uses his power ring to erase Dazzler's knowledge of how to use mental powers and turns him over to the police. Meeting back with Pieface, Hal learns that Ibor had left shortly after Hal left to capture the Dazzler. Realizing that he cannot stay in Coast City knowing that Carol is going to be married, Hal decides to leave. Packing up all his supplies at the Ferris Aircraft Company, Hal says goodbye to Pieface and leaves.
- This book was first published on October 13, 1966.
- This issue is reprinted in The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 7 and Showcase Presents: Green Lantern Vol. 3.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 49 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 49
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Red Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Sinestro (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes