"Journey to Desolation!": Green Lantern, Green Arrow and their Guardian companion travel to the town of Desolation. They encounter a group of disgruntled miners who, mistaking them for enemies, begin taking pot shots at them with their rifles. Green Arrow and G
- So the Guardians have finked out on me because I no longer run errands for them -- but I was chosen for my job because I'm supposed to be brave -- courage is easy when you can't die. The ring is constantly playing mother hen. So... am I really courageous--? To HECK with the ring! Ah! To be able to prove myself again... to face danger alone... and to best it by my own strength! Ever since I've joined the Lantern Corps... something's been missing from my life... something called -- self-reliance!
Appearing in "Journey to Desolation!"
- Nazi war criminals
- Slapper Soames
- Johnny Walden
- Desolation (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Journey to Desolation!"
Green Lantern, Green Arrow and their Guardian companion travel to the town of Desolation. They encounter a group of disgruntled miners who, mistaking them for enemies, begin taking pot shots at them with their rifles. Green Arrow and Green Lantern diffuse the situation and learn that the miners are being led by a man named Jacob. Jacob tells them about Slapper Soames — a land baron who has forced his way into a position of power in the small mining community and uses a personal band of armed troops to enforce his laws. Jacob tells the heroes of one of their own, a man named Johnny Walden, who inspired them to take up arms against Soames's stormtroopers. Green Arrow and Green Lantern agree to help them for fear that the angry mob will only cause harm to themselves. They break into Soames' elaborate prison system, but Green Lantern grows concerned when his ring begins behaving strangely. The Guardian sends a telepathic signal to his comrades back on Oa and learns that his fellow Guardians have restricted Hal's power levels. The heroes manage to force their way inside Soames's prison and save Johnny, but mob leader Jacob betrays them, revealing himself as one of Slapper's accomplices. They disarm Jacob and Johnny punches him in the jaw, knocking him to the floor. Disgusted by what they have seen, Green Lantern, Green Arrow and the Guardian take their leave of Desolation.
- This book was first published on April 9, 1970.
- This issue is reprinted in Green Lantern/Green Arrow #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 77 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 77
- More Fun Comics #73-107
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
- Green Arrow: Year One
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at Wikipedia.org
- Green Arrow Toonopedia
- Green Arrow at DCU Guide
- Green Arrow at Wold Newton Universe
- Green Arrow at TV Tropes
- Green Arrow at the DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Green Arrow at Adherents