Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Pursuit of Happiness": Hal Jordan finds work aboard a fishing vessel catching crab. He befriends an aging hippie named Clay and enjoys the honest work he has found. He hopes to avoid being unmasked again, and has programmed his ring to alert him if [[Guy Gardner (New
Appearing in "Pursuit of Happiness"
- Priest (Appears only as a corpse)
- Clay (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Pursuit of Happiness"
Hal Jordan finds work aboard a fishing vessel catching crab. He befriends an aging hippie named Clay and enjoys the honest work he has found. He hopes to avoid being unmasked again, and has programmed his ring to alert him if Guy Gardner should come within ten miles of him.
Guy meanwhile, is restless with his boredom and decides to explore the debauchery on 8th Street in Manhattan. He wanders into a tattoo parlour and comes across the Tattooed Man, who claims that he is no longer interested in crime, and only wants to make an honest living with his business. Guy is disinterested, and picks a fight with the Tattooed Man, forcing him to use his magical tattoos to create living constructs and protect himself.
By no coincidence, their fight eventually carries over to where Hal Jordan has been working, and Hal is forced once again to abandon his new life in order to take care of Guy. The two argue briefly and Hal leaves him to finish off the Tattooed Man. But when he returns to work, he discovers with disappointment that his new coworkers have learned that he is Green Lantern. They have no interest in having a super-hero in their lives and Hal is fired. As luck would have it however, the Tattooed Man is available to take Jordan's place working on the fishing boat.
Meanwhile, John Stewart scours the remains of Oa until he finds the corpse of Priest, an alien he had once known. He also happens to discover the sole remaining Guardian, who stayed behind after the other Guardians of the Universe left. Appa, whom Hal and his friend Oliver had named "Old Timer", tells Stewart that the loneliness and desolation of Oa had taken its toll on him and he tried to force a mind-union with Priest. Stewart is horrified to learn that the Oan killed Priest because he refused that mind-union. Seeing that the Guardian has gone insande, John flees for his life.
- This book was first published on May 22, 1990.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Lantern: The Road Back trade paperback.
- The Tattooed Man was last seen in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #144.
- Appa Ali Apsa is the same Guardian who accompanied Hal Jordan and Oliver Queen on their trip across America during the "Hard Traveling Heroes" era.
- John Stewart first met Priest during the Green Lantern run in Action Comics Weekly.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 3 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Great Book of Oa
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern Shrine
- Emerald Dawn Main Page
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes