"Gone Ape": Green Lantern and The Flash are attacked by the Gorillas of Gorilla City under the control of Grodd. They are nearly successful in defeating the apes when suddenly [[Hector Hammond (New Earth)|Hec
- Glad to see you so in charge of the situation. Earlier I was thinking some bad thoughts about your maturity. Maybe I owe you an apology.
Appearing in "Gone Ape"
Synopsis for "Gone Ape"
Green Lantern and The Flash are attacked by the Gorillas of Gorilla City under the control of Grodd. They are nearly successful in defeating the apes when suddenly Hector Hammond appears, and both heroes are knocked unconscious. When Grodd is attacked by Rex, the Wonder Dog, Hammond drags him away, and they escape.
Hal manages to track Hammond's movements, and encases everyone in a bubble, which he tows toward the telepath's location. Unfortunately, one of Hammond's mental blasts sends Hal into unconsciousness, and all of the heroes fall to the ground. Meanwhile, Hammond and Grodd journey deeper into the jungle, getting closer to the meteor that they hope will enhance their powers.
Hal, Flash, and Rex give chase, but Hal soon realizes that his companions are mesmerized by some mutated plants. Only Hal is able to withstand them, and he fights Hammond and Grodd's mental powers with his Green Lantern Ring. The resulting strain on the meteor causes it to explode, and its radiation has strange effects on all around. Hammond devolves, while Grodd evolves to a similar mental state to Hammond's original state. Green Lantern devolves, while The Flash evolves mentally.
A primal Hal encounters The Flash, who his now weak and at the mercy of a power-ring wielding berzerker.
- This issue is dedicated to "the sultan of silver-age scribes, Mr. John Broome."
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 3 31 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes