"Last Stand": The battle for Ranagar continues, and Adam Strange awakens to find Kyle Rayner taking on the threat of Grayven. While Lantern and Grayven swap attacks with one another, Adam regroups with Donna Troy and the injured
- I will take my rightful place upon my father's throne on Apokolips. And then the universe will truly tremble.
- -- Grayven
Appearing in "Last Stand"
- Adam Strange
- Adam Strange's Jet Pack
- Adam Strange's Ray Gun
- Darkstar Exo-Mantle
- Green Lantern Ring
- Omega Beams
- Mega Zeta-Beam
- Grayven's war fleet ships
Synopsis for "Last Stand"
The battle for Ranagar continues, and Adam Strange awakens to find Kyle Rayner taking on the threat of Grayven. While Lantern and Grayven swap attacks with one another, Adam regroups with Donna Troy and the injured John Stewart. John's body is bloodied and broken, and the others fear that he may not survive.
While Kyle continues to fight Grayven, he discovers that his foe is the self-proclaimed son of Darkseid. Grayven confesses that Rann is just a stopgap to his ultimate goal - the destruction of his father's home world Apokolips.
Donna and Adam Strange rejoin the fight and the Darkstars fight up against Grayven's armada. Charlie Vicker is shot at point-blank range and killed. While Chaser Bron leaps onto Charlie's killer, Galius Zed finds another target and bites into his arm. Merayn is petrified with fear over the fate of her lover John Stewart.
John is still alive however, and manages to crawl to the control panel that operates the Mega Zeta-Beam. He activates the device and points it at Grayven, teleporting him off of the planet.
The damage across the city-state is extensive, and the floating city of Ranagar threatens to fall from the sky. Kyle ensnares the entire planet inside of a force bubble and brings it safely to the planet's surface.
After everything settles down, Donna, John and Merayn decide to quit the Darkstars. Green Lantern says his goodbyes and flies off back towards Earth.
- Donna Troy and John Stewart appear next in Green Lantern (Volume 3) #78.
- Merayn Dethalis appears next in Green Lantern (Volume 3) #111.
- Eddie Berganza is credited as "Evil Henchman" in this issue, while Kevin Dooley is credited as "Evil Warlord".
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) image gallery
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner fan art gallery
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) appearances list
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 3 75 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 3 75
Links and References
- Green Lantern article at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern (Volume 3) series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Green Lantern (Volume 3) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Green Lantern (Volume 3) series index at Comicbookdb.com